Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
118 views
I have deployed some reports to my production server, all was going well until i ran the reports first the date fields did not display the calendar icon, then the field that is a drop down as another filter to another table is empy and a red icon is shown and showing Invalid Value. I have deployed the dll from my project and the objects from the reporting /bin. Is there anything else i need to deploy for the report to display correct and run?

Many Thanks

Mark
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2009
1 answer
117 views
I have created some reports and deployed to my server, but it occured to me that i used the external facing ip address from my development server to the live database server. Because the server is behind a firewall i should use the NAT'd ip address but cannot find where i can change the connection string settings once i the datasource has been created. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Mark
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2009
1 answer
181 views
hi
i am facing alot of difficulties in showing report in a web site...plz help me
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2009
6 answers
925 views
Can you help me I don't Know if has an option to send a report by e-mail direct from the ReportViewer?

Thanks
Jon Kaneshiro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Feb 2009
1 answer
271 views
I am sure that there is something simple I am missing but...

I have creates some functions that the report uses to fill in text boxes. How do I run the VS debugger to watch that code operate? I have set break points and tried to run in debug mode to no avail. I have searched the help files but again found nothing.

Thanks,

Matthew
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Feb 2009
2 answers
121 views
I made the mistake of clicking on "Don't show me again" when the report wizard displays after clicking on add new item "Telerik Report Q3 2008".  Can someone tell me how to get the wizard bacK?

Thanks
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Feb 2009
2 answers
284 views
Dear Community,

We are currently strugling with some issues related to the Master-Details reports when using DataSets as data source. We have so far tried to follow and convert the Telerik examble http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/designingreportsmasterdetail.html to fit our needs, however we seem to have run in to some problems along the way. To keep our problem simple, we have created a simple forms application containing a report viewer and some sample data to feed into the reports.

Our first problem is mainly getting the DataSet data to work with the detail page. So far, we have all our data in the load method of the form:

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

 

{ ... }

We then create a new object of the MasterReport and bind the dataset to the report. This works, however we still lack to fill data onto th detail report, any idea on how to complete this sort of task?

Our second problem is getting the filtering to work properly. I have followed the guide from Telerik step-by-step, however the result is either no output, or output without filtering.

If someone have experience with using these kinds of reports based on e.g. a dataset (or basicly anything else besides the Telerik Report Wizard), it would be great with some assistance - code examples are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
S. Engel

Søren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Feb 2009
1 answer
197 views
Hi there, is that possible to have image overlays (1 image on top of another), for a Report?
We actually tried that and it works in PDF and RTF, but no MHTML and report Preview.

any suggestions welcome :)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Feb 2009
1 answer
123 views
I have a report where I have defined parameters and filters for handling start date and end date. For the start date I would like to user =Now().AddDate(-1) but I get an error when I write that. Is there any way to solve that?
Stefan Willebrand
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jan 2009
1 answer
231 views
I am trying to do a couple of things with conditional formatting.

1. Create a conditional format based on the returned valued from a user defined function.

I have created a user defined function that returns the text "low" , "moderate", and "high" and is shown in a text box. I would like to make the text box bold or bold italic based on the value returned. Can this be done with the conditional formatting system?

2. I will have a number of text boxes that will have the same conditional format (e.g., if value is > 5 make bold). How can I use the same formatting rules in different text boxes?

Thanks,

Matthew

(update - Would styles be the way to do these things?)
Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jan 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?