Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
120 views

Hi anybody,

 

Good Day!

 

FYI - We own Telerik Reporting service tool.

 

1, I need to implement Bar Code in my report forms in which the Bar codes has to be displayed in the form retrieving the Bar code from the Database.

 

2, Also, I am binding the report form using Telerik Report Viewer Control. The form consists of 3 pages in total. But, I need to display only first two pages of the form in certain cases (i.e,) I need to make the third page invisible on certain conditions.

 

So, please help me with the following,

 

1, Could you please provide me with a sample code on how to implement Bar Code in forms retrieving the bar code numeric values from the database?

 

2, Could you also provide me with a sample code on how to control the number of pages to be displayed at certain conditions in Telerik Report Viewer?

 

Thank you for your help in advance.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2009
3 answers
249 views
I have a asp page running, the user selects to print the details of a certain route, how would I set up the report viewer and telerik report to show the report.

currently the program builds a collection of the information, but I am not sure how to pass that into the report viewer, could someone give me a little example on how this would work.

my setup now is I have an ASP page has the report viewer in it, in that page I am gathering the data needed for the collection, I have a myReport in the class library that the reportviewer is linked to
or does the data collection need to be done in the report class ?

I am trying to follow the examples in the telerik reporting manual, but the example they provide shows how to connect to a database.

thanks



 

Sekar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2009
1 answer
226 views
I've been working with Telerik RadGrid, MasterTableView an I tried to export my data to Excel but with no success. The file is created and saved on my workstation but the file is not of "Excel" kind.

When I open the file it only contains HTML. Is this right? Excel says that the file is not of any correct Excel type!

Update: This error only occurs when you use "Excel Viewer" due to the fact that "Excel Viewer" can't convert the outputed HTML file to a "real" Excel formated document.

Is there anyway to get the output as a real Excel document not a invalid document in HTML?
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2009
2 answers
150 views
Hi Telerik
   I just want to let you know my thought. I am using the Telerik Reporting Q1 2009 and trying to use the Report Parameters extensively. But doing so i come across a small bug, on using Multiple value parameters shown as a list of checkbox under a dropdown pulldown box. I made the selection for a bunch of data by checking them. When i go out of focus, the dropdown text shows my selection with semi-colon seperated and that's cool. By the way if i click the dropdown again it looks like it forgets all my selection and i got to do that again.

It will be nice if it remembers the selection made in the checkboxes if out of focus and it will be far better if it remembers that after the Preview has been clicked. Although its kind of remembers in the dropdown textbox (csv) but as soon i click on the dropdown everything wipes out.

Please let me know if you have done that for some purpose but i feel the usability is hard in that case.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2009
1 answer
240 views
Hi,

 I trying create a simple crosstab report, but I have a litle dificult.

I get datasource programally, and set da dataset into the datasource report.

In design mode I added a crosstab object and linked to the database column, but it´s don´t go. If I take just a textbox
with out a crosstab I can see the data.

The error is

An error has occured while processing TextBox 'textBox7':
Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.

My oracle procedure return this

ID_Client    ID_Cource     Cource_Name         ID_Question         Question_Name            Question_Value
381             401                TESTE - TESTE    1                            AVALIAÇÃO GERAL    20,03
381             401                 TESTE - TESTE   2                            RESULTADOS             7,00
402             222                 720 - KARAKA      1                            AVALIAÇÃO GERAL    28,39
402             222                 720 - KARAKA      2                             RESULTADOS            7,59

I want make that ID_Cource is the row group and the ID_Question is the Column group, I need in the final result
same things like this

                             Question_Name 1     Question_Name 2 ...
Cource Name        Value                        Value

By the Data in the example

                                     AVALIAÇÃO GERAL              RESULTADOS
TESTE - TESTE                          20,03                                7,00
720 - KARAKA                             28,39                                7,59


Someone can help me?

Thanks,
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2009
3 answers
112 views
Hi there
   I just want to report a bug i experienced to telerik team. When using Telerik Reporting Chart Control, visiting the Properties dialog box and get into the Lables,Legent & Title, if the Series dropdown value is changed the Chart Build dialog is closed abrubtly.

Software Configuration
Visual Studio 2008
Telerik Reporting Q1 2009 trail
Windows XP OS
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2009
1 answer
651 views
Hi There
   I'm having a datatable prepared from the business layer and i need to use that for report parameters. But i am having hard time binding a column in that parameter.

Consider that i want to bind the (ProductId, ProductName) first & second column of the datatable to this report parameter and i want it to show all the row data as a multi value
public RegistrationSummaryReport() 
{
InitializeComponent();
            DataView source = getDataSource();  
            this.DataSource = source;            
            ReportParameter param = new ReportParameter(); 
            param.Name = "paramEP"; 
            param.Type = Telerik.Reporting.ReportParameterType.String; 
            param.UI.AvailableValues.DataSource = source; 
            param.UI.AvailableValues.ValueMember = "=Fields.ProductId"; 
            param.UI.AvailableValues.DisplayMember = "=Fields.ProductName"; 
            param.UI.MultiValue = true; 
            param.UI.Visible = true; 
            this.ReportParameters.Add(param); 

But as soon as i add this binding, and while executing the report gets empty and not even shows the rest of the report and when i remove the parameter addition and just binds the report and render all the data

I tried a work around to show the dropdown parameter in report viewer by doing the below code snippet instead.
public RegistrationSummaryReport() 
        {
InitializeComponent();
            DataView source = getDataSource();  
            this.DataSource = source; 
 
            List<string> eps = new List<string>(); 
            foreach (DataRowView dr in source) 
               eps.Add(DataUtility.MakeNullEmpty(dr["ProductName"])); 
             
            ReportParameter param = new ReportParameter(); 
            param.Name = "paramEP"; 
            param.Type = Telerik.Reporting.ReportParameterType.String;           
            param.UI.MultiValue = true; 
            param.UI.Visible = true; 
            param.Value = eps; 
            this.ReportParameters.Add(param); 

And now it shows the report and also the report parameter dropdown but with all the product name separated by semicolon in the value as it is coded to set as value (not as datasource) but i can only edit them but instead i want it to be a set of checkbox in the pulldown box of dropdown so that user can easily select them (as it would appear when i assign the datasource in design time).

Software Details
  • Windows XP sp2
  • Telerik Reporting Q1 2009
  • Visual Studio 2008

Please guide me a way to assign datasource to parameters dynamically. Thanks in advance. I greatly appreciate a sooner response.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2009
5 answers
256 views
Will the release version support Medium/Partial trust?

Thanks,

Brian
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2009
3 answers
147 views
I'm using Asp.Net AJAX UI controls to display a RadGrid on a page with a ReportViewer underneath.  When the user selects a row in the RadGrid I want to capture the ID field from the selcted row and update the ReportViewer by passing that same ID to the newly instantiated report.

Has anyone done anything like this?

I can capture the needed ID from the client-side of the RadGrid, but I can only update the ReportViewer on the server-side.  I guess if I knew how to capture the RadGrid selected row on the server-side I could manage just fine.
Carla Lewis
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Apr 2009
1 answer
199 views
i set up a new development machine and now i am getting the following error when i try to open the design view of a report:

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: instance

the sources, assemblies and web.config is all the same as on the other machine where it works.
i tried to rebuild the project, restart VS2008 but nothing helps.

any hint would be highly appreciated
regards



Ibrahim Imam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Apr 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?