Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
92 views
Hi,

I am currently running Q1 2009 on my machine.

I have a modification to do on a report that have been authored with Q3 2008. I can not upgrade the report at this time.

Can I install safely Q3 2008 side by side with Q1 2009 in order to do the modification on the older version report?

Or is there another (simpler) way?

Thanks

Frederic
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2009
1 answer
390 views
I was wondering if I can set a report's datasource equal to a Dataset that contains multiple datatables, and in the code-behind for the report set the different sections to a specific table from the dataset, i.e. the ReportHeader Section, the Detail Section, etc.

This code would be in the ASPX page to create the dataset and datatables, and then bind them to the report.
            Dim mainDataSource As New DataSet 
            Dim rptHeader As New DataTable("rptHeader") 
            Dim rptDetail As New DataTable("rptDetail") 
            Dim rptFooter As New DataTable("rptFooter") 
            mainDataSource.Tables.Add(rptHeader) 
            mainDataSource.Tables.Add(rptDetail) 
            mainDataSource.Tables.Add(rptFooter) 
 
            Dim sampleReport As New MySampleReport 
            sampleReport.DataSource = mainDataSource 
 

So is there a way in the report to bind a specific section to a table out of the dataset?

Thanks!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2009
7 answers
242 views
Hi...
Is it possible to generate reports without using wizard ??
Right now i am generating reports using wizard provided by telerik reporting tools. But now i want to do all these things programatically. is it possible?? Please reply me soon.
ridhz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Apr 2009
1 answer
168 views
I have the report with 7 subreports going one after another. Some of them can be empty. How to make, that others subreports were correctly shift up without setting visible for subreports?
 
Setting the Height of the DetailSection of subreports don't help me.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2009
1 answer
290 views
TableAdapter configuration wizard and QueryBuilder give confusing error messages when SQL parameters are used in a query.

If you don't declare a parameter in your SQL statement, the wizard tells that
Must declare the scalar variable @Parameter

On the other hand, if you put in a declare statement and open QueryBuilder, it gives you a syntax error:
The Declare SQL construct or statement is not supported

I don't know if this is something you guys can do anything about. You can get through the wizard by adding a parameter declaration and that's about it.

The real problem is that in order to get the report working, you have to manually remove the parameter from the DataSet designer file and add it to the DataSetTableAdapter Fill function. Otherwise, the report does not run.

Or is there a way to use TableAdapter wizard with SQL paremeters without touching the designer files?

-mika-


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2009
2 answers
219 views
I have a master report with one sub report. In the master report I created properties that my web applications sets for the report parameters. In the needdatasource sub of the master reports I simply populate the dataset based on the properties set.

Now I have added a sub report and I am trying to set the properties in the sub report in a similar manager. I tried passing the values in the sub reports needsdatasource (fired in the master report) and cannot get the values to pass over. Is there any easy way to pass values from the master report to the sub report? I have tried everything I can think of including parameters.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Apr 2009
3 answers
258 views
Hi

I'm trying to deploy a report with html output that has quite a lot of images inside. Some are imported bitmaps, some are generated by reporting engine. At the end all the images are "static" e.g. the same in all the reports. As we have quite number of reports and they get sent around a lot we thought it to be a great idea to have all the images linked from a public web server. Would that be possible?

The other problem is that html export places calls to local resource urls for image sources (&StreamID=pwpejk4p1st) that we can't find a way to overcome (didn't find a clue in documentation nor forums). If we could solve the first thing probably it would also help here. Thank you.
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Apr 2009
2 answers
124 views
hello

i am using the reporting successfully but keep getting an error lately.
it is a known error that serialization is not possible in asp state server. i had this error before and fixed it using the forums here with replacing some types that can handle serialization.
but now the same website with same assemblies works on my development machine and on one website of our hosting servers.
but on another website on the same server i am getting the serialization error.

do you have any hint where the problem might be? maybe a rights issue within the os?
or do you have a suggestion how to test where the issue is?

this is crucial because we just started publishing our website for a new customer and now the reporting does not work

any help highly appreciated
regards
Ibrahim Imam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Apr 2009
3 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi
    When i have groups in a report,and i want to show sum of one column just like following:
   
    name         subject          score
    kate            English          88
    kate            math              100
    kate            chinese         90
    kate           total               278(sum of score above)

    name         subject          score
    lily              English          80
    lily              math              90
    lily              chinese         100
    lily              total               270(sum of score above)

How can i do?

Thanks.
3ms
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Apr 2009
2 answers
128 views
The report viewer is there, so is the report header, but the data does not show up. It works on my local box. I checked the connection string.

What am I missing
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Apr 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?