Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
117 views
Hello,

Is there any way to export a report in swf format, or at least to integrate a pdf file into a swf file? Has anybody such a problem?

thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2009
2 answers
92 views
Hi,
I have a text that is to long to fit, is it possible to render it on two lines?
ChartSeries s = new ChartSeries(); 
s.Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar; 
ChartSeriesItem item = new ChartSeriesItem(); 
item.Name = "This text is way to long to fit!"; 
chart1.Series.Add(s); 

I think I have read it somewhere but I cant find it now!

/Mattias
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2009
1 answer
276 views


I've followed along with the video at http://tv.telerik.com/reporting/video/telerik_trainer_-_reporting_subreports.  This is basically the way I have created all of my Master-Detail reports.  I use a ReportParameter/Filter combo on the subreport and a corresponding parameter on the master report.

However, on one report in particular it is very, very slow.  Sixty seconds.  That's painfully slow to me.  The master report lists on the most basic fields from a Driver's record:

SELECT id, firstName, middleName, lastName, phone1, phone2, phone3, city, experience, endorsements, class, quality, hired, applied   
From  vw_dmsDriver  
WHERE (Assigned=0) AND (AvailabilityID = 1) AND MarketId=1 

The subreport contains all the individual notes for that driver from a related table:

SELECT [Value] 
      ,Username 
      ,DriverID 
      ,[TimeStamp] 
  FROM vw_dmsDriverNotesPrivate 

I don't know the ins-and-outs of what's going on behind the scenes, but I really don't think it should take that long.

So I was then reading this: http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/designing-reports-master-detail.html, and it pointed me to this video  http://tv.telerik.com/reporting/video/Telerik_Reporting_-_Design_Time_Support_for_Parameterized_Queries.  I thought this might enable me to get a little better performance out of the report by passing parameters to the DataAdapter's SelectCommand, rather than using the ReportParameter/Filter.

Unfortunately, the example code at the bottom of the http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/designing-reports-master-detail.html doesn't seem to work.

Running a report for either of these queries separately, is near instantaneous.  It almost seems to me that the subreport is loading every record and ignoring the parameter, and then applying the filter after ALL records have been returned, but what do I know?

Any advice would be appreciated.  If there is any other detail I can provide, please let me know.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2009
2 answers
469 views
Hello All,
Maybe this question was already asked, but I couldn't find proper answer about this.
I have a generic list of some object ( List<Companies> myCompanies ), and Companies class have new collection as a member ( List<Employess> myEmplyes). I have a problem how to display this embedded list of employees. I added subreport, but then I can't pass proper parameters in runtime to subreport.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Andrija
Andrija
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2009
2 answers
361 views
Simple question: How do I set the datasource of a report at runtime. I want to only display one record. (There is also a subreport in the report). This is a Windows forms app, so it would be displayed in the Windows forms viewer.


Sekar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2009
1 answer
103 views
I have one report, while designing, that gives me an error when I click on the "..." button in the Value property of a control.  The error is:

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

Could there be something wrong with my report to cause this error?  I am not sure how to find out what it thinks is wrong.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2009
1 answer
100 views
When the angle is set to 90/270 in the Telerik.Reporting.Textbox control then the TextAlign = Center doesn't work.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2009
2 answers
141 views
I wrote a few times and got some explanations back, I understand parts of them, I have watched the Telerik reporting webinar, and he did talk about passing parameters, but using the UI part for filtering, I do not want that part.

I am using the Q3 reporting tools.
this is what I need, I have a web page that display's a report in a grid, when the user clicks on a button I would like to send that ID to a report to display in a report viewer, so the user can have many options for dealing with the report.

please explain to me, how I set up the report viewer, how I Pass the parameter(s) to the report class so I can call my business class to create my collection to be on the report.

or guide me to documation that explains this or a video, would be great.

thanks, I am just getting so fustrated with this.

Pete
Pete Haberstroh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2009
1 answer
157 views
Hi,

I have a report with some HtmlTextBox'es that I hide if they contain no data. This works fine in the ReportViewer and when exporting to Excel and RTF but when exporting to PDF I just get a blank page.

This is the code I use for hiding the textbox and the corresponding label:

internal static void HideEmptyHtmlTextBox(HtmlTextBox htmlTextBox, Telerik.Reporting.TextBox labelTextBox)  
{  
    if (htmlTextBox.Value == null || ((string)htmlTextBox.Value).Trim() == "")  
    {  
        htmlTextBox.Visible = false;  
    }  
 
    if (!htmlTextBox.Visible && labelTextBox != null)  
    {  
        Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase itemBase = ((Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase)htmlTextBox.Parent);  
        Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox label = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox)itemBase.Items[labelTextBox.Name];  
        label.Visible = false;  
    }  
}  
 

If I use a normal TextBox instead it all works fine!

Another problem is that "bold" and "italic" text isn't shown as bold and italic in the pdf just as normal unformatted text?!

What's wrong and how do I solve this?

Thanks,
Brian
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2009
2 answers
169 views
Hi,
I am new to telerik products so excuse me if this is a simple / faq question.

I am building my reports using my own custom strongly typed collections, etc. This works great.

This custom collection class is located in another project, thus it's a project reference. ( I followed the documentation suggestion of using a special report project which i totally agreed).

My only problem is that in the preview is not working giving the following error: Could not load file or assembly [BoLayer.dll ] which off course is my own dll.

How can I fix this? (don't tell me to add the dll to GAC because that's not an option). Is there a way to add a config file to include this dll reference so the previewer is aware of it?

Could it be because my DLL is not strongly named? (no assemblyinfo.cs)

What I think happens (if anybody cares. :) )
I think that the preview mode uses it's own ApplicationDomain and the dlls loaded into that domain are not included the current project references (which i think it should) or it's only using GAC.

Thanks in advance.
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?