Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
171 views
hi there, I am using the Report Q1 3.0.9.311
I have included telerik.reporting, telerik.reporting.design, telerik.reporting.interfaces and telerik.reporting.Processing, as well as telerik.reportviewer.design and webforms in the assmbily BIN Folder
The Preview is fine, however, When i try to export it to PDF or other formats, it only generates a blank page

I have a dev server and local dev enviroment all fine....
do you know what can cause this problem?

=====================================

Problem Found, it's the known issue that when hiding HTML textbox, PDF generate blank

waiting for new version
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2009
4 answers
259 views
Is it possible to change the parent item of an item from within the designer?  If not, how can it be done in code?

I created a Panel inside of a Panel (let's call it Parent1).  However, I would like to move it to a different Panel (Panel2) without having to recreate it since its contents are pretty complex.  I'm not sure how to do this - when I drag the Panel, its parent is still Panel1 even if it is physically located inside Panel2.

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2009
1 answer
139 views

Html text box displayed this sample,
<html><div>
<p style="text-indent: 0cm; margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><strong><font size="1" face="Arial"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-weight: normal"> “Omurgalıların embriyonik gelişmesi sırasında, sırt mezoderminin sırt ektodermini etkilemesiyle sinir sistemi oluşur.” hipotezini kuran bir bilim adamı, “Embriyodaki sırt mezodermi ile karın mezoderminin yeri değiştirilirse, karın ektoderminden de sinir sistemi oluşabilir.” görüşünü ileri sürüyor.</span></font></strong></p>
<p style="text-indent: 0cm; margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><strong><font size="1" face="Arial"><span style="font-size: 9pt">Buna göre, bilim adamı bilimsel çalışmanın hangi aşamasını gerçekleştirmiştir?</span></font></strong></p>
</div>
</html>

but, did not display this sample. Why?
<html><div>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-indent:0cm"><b><font size="1" face="Arial"><span style="font-size:9.0pt">Biyolojinin dallarından olan
fizyoloji, aşağıdakilerden hangisini <u>incelemez</u>?</span></font></b></p>

</div>
</html>

How can I do? (these html codes converted via MS Word)

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2009
1 answer
123 views

 

Hi,

I'm trying to export RadGridView data to a teleric report. I found the RadGridReportingLite sample project on the teleric website and have been playing around with it. My question for anyone of you that have used it or designed it is -  can i tweak the radgridReport class to include items in the gridSummaryRow collection or do i need to add a custom row to my grid which will perform aggregation ?

Thanks in advance
Anisha
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2009
1 answer
162 views
I created a report in Q3, and reading a number in from a field, what I would like to do is format the number like this

if the number is > then 8 digits, format it like this ### ### ###

if it is <= 8 digits format it like this #### ####

how would I do this, I am new to all of this and still learning please guide me in the right direction, or maybe a video or certain page in the manual would be great.

thanks in advance

Pete
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2009
0 answers
188 views
Hello, my name is Silvia and i have a question.
I'm using pie chart and I want to make slices of cake in pie of a different color depending on a field of dataset. The color I want is a field of the dataset. How can I do? 
Thanks for your help,
Silvia
SIlvia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Apr 2009
5 answers
201 views
Hello,

I was trying the Export programmatically from the documentation http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/programmatic-exporting-report.html.

Then I encountered this error NotImplementedException unhandled by as user code.
at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ItemFactory.CreateItem(ReportItemBase itemDef)    at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(Report reportDefinition)    at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(String format, Report report, Hashtable deviceInfo, CreateStream createStreamCallback, String& documentName)    at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(String format, Report report, Hashtable deviceInfo, String& mimeType, String& documentName, String& extension, Encoding& encoding)    at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(String format, Report report, Hashtable deviceInfo, String& mimeType, String& extension, Encoding& encoding)    at MyReportViewer.PDF.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Documents and Settings\ajs\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MyReportViewer\MyReportViewer\PDF.aspx.vb:line 12    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

My goal was to try to make FontEmbedding flexible during export instead of hardcoding in webconfig. User can have their choice to either embed or not to embed the Arial Unicode. This will give more flexibility for pdf export.

I tried to search for this error but I cant find any reference, may I know whats the cause of the error, or do you have any working sample project that use the fontembedding.

Thanks


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2009
8 answers
545 views
I am currently using the RadControl for ASP.NET for grids, charts, sliders, etc.  We did not purchase the Telerik reporting.  Before I try to fight to purchase it, I want to ask a question:  with Telerik reporting, can I export mutiple reports to one pdf file?  For example, I would have an application that allows you to run 3 or 4 different reports.  If the person chooses to run 3 of them, can they then choose to send all of the chosen reports to one pdf file?  If they can, could they also include the charts that would appear on the same page?
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2009
2 answers
681 views
I'm trying to access data programmatically (after it's already bound) and I'm not sure where to start (I'm very new to Telerik Reporting).  I know from within the report designer I can use Fields.[FieldName] to access a specific column from the current row being displayed; what I'm looking for is something equivalent I can access programatically.

The reason I would like this capability is because I have to dynamically create different Textboxes in my detail section, since different records require a different layout.  I was unable to find what I'm looking for in the documentation or by searching (perhaps I just don't know the correct terminology), so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
turntablistlp
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2009
1 answer
133 views
I am once again investigating a reporting tool for 2 projects that are currently underway.  I looked at Telerik Reporting a while back, I loved it, but the way that Page Headers were handled was a deal breaker.

According to the "Understanding Report Sections" docs:

"It is possible to suppress the printing of the Page Header section on the first and last page of a report."

Is it still the case that even when printing is suppressed on the first page, the white space corresponding with the size of the section still exists? 

Thanks,
John
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?