Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
294 views
I've been using the Asp.net RadControls for years, but decided to use DevExpress for reporting for a major project of mine because at the time Telerik Reporting was only 1.0.  I see now that Telerik's reporting tool is much more robust, but when viewing all of the online demos at Telerik.com the report rendering is extermely slow.  The Report Book example takes over 40 seconds to render - which in my opinion is unacceptable. 

Any thoughts on this?  Are Telerik reports really slow to render?  I know some of our more complex DevExpress reports render in seconds.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2009
1 answer
117 views
Hello,
I have created a master report and a sub report.
The datasource code for the master report is present in the code behind file where I have the viewer control.
The datasource code for the sub report is present in the code behind report file itself.
Opening the sub report in the Design mode has no problems at all. I insert the sub report control in the detail area of the master report. But now as I go to the properties of this control to point to the sub .vb report file in the 'ReportSource' property, I get an alert box saying 'object reference Not set to instance of an object'. Both the report files are in the same app_code folder.
Can you suggect what is the problem?

Thanks,
Sanjay
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2009
3 answers
149 views
Hello , Does Telerik reporting needs any hosting installation ?
Currently i installed  trial version on my development PC and it works  fine .I am hoping that if I sent DLL files under web  project bin  folder to the hosting department ,it will  work on server  as well without any more installation .But I want to be sure about that before going further .
It says that  one of the reporting tool requirement is full Asp.net  trust level on application. can you expand a bit this ?
I am fully dependent on  hosting environment at my currenct situation . Do i need to ask a specific  question to them in order to be sure that telerik reporting will work on server?


Thanks in advance
Regards
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2009
4 answers
295 views
I have a Master report that contains two subreports.

One of the subreports, SummaryCategoryMaster, contains a textbox and another subreport astCatDetailSubreport that has as it's ReportSource: SummaryCategoryDetail.  SummaryCategoryDetail contains two text boxes.  On one of these textboxes, textBox1, I've hooked an item data binding event that increments a public member _filteredCount, as follows:

public

 

int _filteredCount = 0;  

 

 

 

private void textBox1_ItemDataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

_filteredCount += 1;

}

The intent here is to count how many rows will be added based on the filter.  This seems to work fine and _filteredCount is set correctly based on the data that I supply to it.

In SummaryCategoryMaster, I have added the following event handler:

 

 

private void astCatDetailSubreport_ItemDataBound(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
   
SummaryCategoryDetail detailReport = (SummaryCategoryDetail)this.astCatDetailSubreport.ReportSource; 

 

 

 

 

    if (detailReport != null) 

    { 

 

 

        this.Visible = detailReport._filteredCount > 0; 

        detailReport._filteredCount = 0;

    }

}

The intent is for the SummaryCategoryMaster subreport to not display if it's subreport has no data.  When I run the code and display the report in a ReportViewer  on a WinForm, however, the SummaryCategoryMaster appears no matter what the value to this.Visible is set to.   When I save the generated report as a PDF, however, the SummaryCategoryMaster does not appear.  I'm using the 430 version of 2009.

What am I doing wrong and is there a better way for me to do this?

Thanks in advance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2009
1 answer
75 views
Does anyone knows if the reporting component give users the ability to adjust the cells when render on a winform?

Take this sample for instance:-
http://demos.telerik.com/reporting/examples/crosstab/defaultcs.aspx

I would like to manually adjust one of the Grand Total. Assume this is render on a winform.
Is this possible?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2009
1 answer
141 views
I have a datatable that I am using to populate a pie chart.  It has two columns Fund and Amount.  I want the labels to populate with the Fund name AND the #%...i.e. "American Funds 10%"

The problem I am having is retrieving the Fund name from the data row.  My chart uses a table adapter as the datasource.

private void chart1_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart chart = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart; 
            chart.DataSource = this.richPlayDBDataSetTableAdapter1.GetData(Convert.ToString(chart.Report.Parameters["SSN"])); 
                         
             
            DataRowView row = (DataRowView)chart.DataItem; 
             
            Telerik.Reporting.Chart defChart = (Telerik.Reporting.Chart)chart.ItemDefinition; 
            defChart.Series[0].DefaultLabelValue = string.Format("{0} #%", row["Fund"]); 
        } 

I keep getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.  The above code works perfectly if I substitute row["fund"] for just a normal string. How can I capture the actual row value?

Rich



Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2009
2 answers
143 views
There is an excellent example in the Help files on how to display a report as PDF directly to browser.

Is there an example on how to do the same thing as a JPEG image?

I see the examples on how to save the image to disk and I thought I knew how to render the byte array as an image. But so far I haven't been successful.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2009
5 answers
269 views
I need a chartitemdatabound event handler to change how my labels are displayed for a pie chart.  The following code I saw in another forum is throwing an error.

this.chart1.ItemDataBound += new EventHandler<ChartItemDataBoundEventArgs>(chart1_ItemDataBound);

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.EventHandler<Telerik.Reporting.Charting.ChartItemDataBoundEventArgs>' to 'System.EventHandler' 

Am I missing a using directive or something obvious?

Rich




Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2009
1 answer
262 views
Hi,,
I can not able to add datarows in to the table, I am assign dataset programatically,
Below is mycode extract, Please give me advice.

Partial Public Class DAReport
    Inherits Telerik.Reporting.Report
    Public Sub New(ByVal InvoiceID as integer)
        InitializeComponent()
        ShowInfo(InvoiceID)
    End Sub

Sub ShowInfo(ByVal InvoiceID as integer)
 Dim oView As System.Data.DataView = Nothing
 Dim strQuery As String = "select * from invoice_lineItems where invid="& InvoiceID
 Table1.DataSource = getDataSet(strQuery, "invoice_lineItems")
 Table1.DataMember = "da_invoice_lineitems"
End Sub

  

Public Function getDataSet(ByVal strQuery As String, ByVal strTbl As String) As System.Data.DataSet

        Dim ds As System.Data.DataSet = New DataSet
        Try
            Dim da As New MySqlDataAdapter
            Dim bind As New BindingSource
            Dim strConn As String = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("ConnectionString")
            Dim objConn As MySqlConnection = New MySqlConnection(strConn)
            objConn.Open()
            da = New MySqlDataAdapter(strQuery, objConn)
            da.FillSchema(ds, SchemaType.Source, strTbl)
            da.Fill(ds, strTbl)
            objConn.Close()
            Return ds
        Catch ex As Exception
            Return ds
        End Try
    End Function
End Class


Regards
Raju
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2009
1 answer
125 views
I have a simple report set up that groups the records, and in the group footer I have an aggregate total displayed.  When exporting to CSV, this aggregate is exported, but I'd rather the CSV export include only the grouped field and the data in the detail section.  Is this possible?

Josh
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?