Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
107 views
Hello community,

I have a report with a line chart on it. The chart shouldn't display any item labels. I tried different solutions but it turned out, that I have absolutely no idea how to do this. How can I accomplish this programmatically?

Help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 May 2009
1 answer
193 views
Hello
I have asp.net web site project (not web applciation project ) and  under App_Code part of my project folder  I have nearly 100  business classes.I want to design telerik reports  with this website  . I want to use my website project business classes with telerik reports .
I created a telerik report class inside website project  and try to view this report with reportviewer user control but it is not visibile ?
Can you please expand a bit how I can create  and view  telerik reports inside web site project (  I do not want to add refernces of external report library,becouse i need to use already created bsuiness  logic inside website project )
Thanks a lot
Regards

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2009
1 answer
130 views

Hi

I configure the report with no DataSource and the following NeedDataSource event:

 

private void AnalisiSconfinamenti_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
            WSClass ws = new WSClass();  
            List<Analisi> elenco = null;  
            elenco = ws.analisi(9, new DateTime(2008, 5, 20), new DateTime(2009, 5, 20));  
 
            (sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report).DataSource = elenco;  
              
        } 

 

 


The method ws.analisi is the following

 

public List<Analisi> analisi(int id_cliente, DateTime fromData, DateTime toData)  
        {  
            UnicaDataContext db = new UnicaDataContext();  
            //linq query to db  
            var elencoFC = from e in db.Analisis ............  
 
            return elencoFC.toList();  
        } 


When I preview the report I have the follow error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.


Where is the problem?

Thanks
Lorenzo

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2009
1 answer
93 views
Hi,

I have put a thread before about new to Telerik Reporting.

I have seen mostly videos, documentation and online tutorials with windows.  I meant to say i want to view my reports in web browser with report viewer control. I don't know how to use "report viewer".

Please tell me that suitable videos, documentation and online tutorials to create and view in report viewer in order to view in browser. 

Moreover, i have Telerik Reporting Q3 2008.

Thanks.

Regards
Syed

 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2009
1 answer
71 views
Hi,

I'm fairly new to telerik reporting and here is what I have encountered.

I have a few class projects which have some dataobjects. I created a report and using the wizard, I wanted to create the datasource from business object. I saw the list of business objects and which I select them, i get the error, "An exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". My class are defined as follows.

DataObject()_
Public Class Quote()

    <DataObjectMethod(DataObjectMethodType.Select)> _
Public Function GetQuote(QuoteID) .............
etc...
End Function

End Class

Another small bug is that, when I use the report viewer, these characters appear in the report (at the end) "</" (without quotes).

Thank you.

Sathish
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2009
1 answer
223 views
I need to create a report, in which i need to display some rtf text.
It is possible?
Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2009
4 answers
489 views

Hi,

 I'm new using controls and finds them very useful for implement web applications . 
 Recently, I have made  a sample web application that use ReportViewer to display a web report.
In Vs2008 every thing is ok and this report display correctly. But when access this report from browser, the report does not work.
i use form authentication and  insert httphandler's declaration in both web.config sections:system.web , system.webServer
i have two folder in the sample site  : root folder and admin folder with distinct special roles ( Role a for root folder and role b for admin folder )  . Every user should authenticate until can access to resources. Users that can access to Root folder, can use report without any problem, but users which have Role b and access to admin folder, can't run Report.
Does   access to Telerik.ReportViewer.axd from admin folder have security challenge? 
I want to develop some reports for User that have Role a and some reports for user that have role b, any advice?
I search the entire Reporting Forum, with no luck.   May be missing something? 
Please help me for solve this problem.
Thank you  for taking the time to read this post .

 

 

 

Sakha
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2009
1 answer
110 views
Hi there, There is a problem with HTML text box with "Invalid Unit Type"
the HTML I wish to display are the following

<DIV><SPAN STYLE="color:black"><SPAN style="background-color:window"><SPAN style="font:normal normal normal 10pt/normal Arial">1</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">.</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">8</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">h</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">c</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">r</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">s</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">f</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">d</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">.</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">C</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">s</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">s</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">c</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">h</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">s</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">d</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">w</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">k</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">i</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">g</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">d</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">i</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">s</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">c</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">T</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">w</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">C</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">r</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">d</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">C</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">m</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">m</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">r</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">c</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">i</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">r</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">.</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">L</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">s</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">f</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window"> </SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">P</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">o</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">e</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">n</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">t</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">i</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">a</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">l</SPAN><SPAN STYLE="background-color:window">.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></DIV> 

any Idea?

Also, another question. when I try to have the report rendered as HTML or MHTML(it's working at moment) and send as Email, I wish to have certain image "linked" not embbed (otherwise will create a 10mb email), how would I do that? Any Suggestions will be appreciated.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2009
2 answers
290 views
I'm trying to display the user-selected value of a parameter (with automatic UI) in my report, but I'm not sure how to correctly access the value.  In this report, I have a DateTime parameter which I would to display in the report header.

The best idea I could come up with was to use:
this.ReportParameters["DateStart"].Value.ToString() 

However, that gives me the original value I set ("=DateTime.Now").  It makes sense that it just displays the string entered as the default value, but I'm trying to get the actual input from the user.  So if the user selected 5/11/2009 as the date, I'm looking to get a DateTime object back that represents 5/11/2009 so I can format it and display it in my report header.

How can I do this?

Thanks.



turntablistlp
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2009
0 answers
156 views
Hi,

  I created one report that I pass same parameters by url, get this with request and pass it to the report class.

   The problem is when I execute the report it render not complete, when I click on refreh it render correctly.

   Someone can help me?

    Thanks,
     Jose
Jose Ferreira Lima Filho
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 May 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?