Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
152 views
Hi, I am having a problem when exporting my report to PDF.

I have a table in a subreport and when the table has too much rows, it goes on several pages. That fine and logic. My problem is that the table borders are badly cut as shown on the picture (follow the link).

I tried to play with the header and footer of report and subreport but nothing change I still have those 2 small vertical lines, that doesn't look really nice.

Thank you

  
regis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2009
2 answers
312 views
Hi,

I have a report with a HtmlTextBox using a special font "RotisSansSerif". The textbox contains both bold and italic text and it all looks fine in the reportviewer but when exporting to pdf the bold and italic text just shows up as normal unformatted text.

When I look in the pdf it tells me that 3 fonts are embedded "RotisSansSerif", "RotisSansSerif, Bold" and "RotisSansSerif, Italic" but still it only shows normal text.

I have only the font "RotisSansSerif" installed on my computer. Do I need to install "RotisSansSerif, Bold" and "RotisSansSerif, Italic" also to have it show up in the pdf?

Thanks,
Brian
Mercell
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 May 2009
1 answer
208 views
Hi, I have some textboxes in pageHeader which may have grown. If they have grown I need to expand the pageHeader.Height accordingly. But at runtime I can only see the initial height for a textbox. How can I find the correct height for a textbox?

The textbox is populated in the .ctor for the report.
public myReport(object[] params){
InitializeComponent();
if(.... some params checks)
txtHeader.Value += "Filter1" + Environment.NewLine

//Here I want to add the height of the pageHeader... something like
pageHeader.Height = txtHeader.Height + new Unit("2cm");  //does not work since txtHeader.Height always equals the height set in designtime...

rgds
john even pedersen
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2009
1 answer
412 views
Hello there,

Is there any possibility to define formatting for embedded expressions? I am providing a DateTime parameter for the report and would like to use it in an embedded expression. However, it formats always as a full date (with the time part), even I'd like to have only date part printed. I could not find any information from the previous threads nor documentation.

So, any advice is welcome. =)

Thanks,
Ville
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2009
1 answer
390 views
I have a report that is bound to a list of objects representing a tract of land. Each tract object has a property that is a list of owners for that tract. I am using the new Table control introduced in Q1 2009 to list the owners of the tract without having to use a subreport. 

The Table is in the detail section and I am programatically binding the owners for each tract by handling the ItemDataBinding event of the detail section using the following code:

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase section = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase)sender;
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table table = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table)section.ChildElements["tblOwners"];
table.DataSource = section.DataObject["Owners"];

In this case the DataObject is equal to the Tract object currently being bound, as expected, and I'm accessing the Owners property which is the list of tract owners.

This all works fine, however, I now have the need to access a property of the Owner object that is currently being bound. I am using a similar technique to the one I used for the detail section by handling the ItemDataBinding event of the table with the following code:

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table table = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table)sender;
Owner tractowner = (Owner)table.DataObject.RawData;

I would expect the DataObject to be for an Owner object, however, at runtime the report throws an exception indicating that it is not possible to cast a Tract object to an object of type Owner. For some reason the table.DataObject is not for an Owner object, but instead for a Tract object even though the table is bound to a list of Owners.  

This does not make sense to me. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding the use of the DataObject property and if so, how do I access the Owner object that is currently being bound?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2009
3 answers
145 views
Hello, Telerik Team! I've installed Q1 2009 version of Telerik reporting after installation of Q3 2008. So we have upgrade. But there's some problems with Max function in the detail section. Instead of getting result Max as maximum of all detail items, I get Max only for every element of the detail section. For i.e. we have 200, 300, 400 it's good if we get 400 by Max function, but not Max(field) = Value(field). What's wrong and how can we solve this problem?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2009
1 answer
265 views
Hi,

How can to show a PictureBox in the ReportViewer in webforms?
I dont find a example....

        Dim Imagen As New Telerik.Reporting.PictureBox()
        Imagen.Value = "C:\tmp\" + ControlID + ".jpg"
        ReportViewer1.What?  =  What? 

Thx
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2009
3 answers
165 views
Is there any way to shut off the overlapping items warning for objects? I'm trying to create a grid like view for my columns and I want the lines to overlap.

Also is there anyway to get a line to start on the header section and stretch through the details section? I used to do this in Crystal and it would give a nice grid that would start in the header, stretch through all the details, and go into the footer.

Is there any way to add additional header sections? In some of my reports I have addresses that can grow and column headers for the details.  In Crystal I would split up the header section so the addresses could grow, and I would not have to give the header an arbitrarily large area to accommodate the larger addresses, and the column headers could appear directly below the addresses.

Also, there is a can grow property on some report items, is it possible to have a section dynamically grow?

Also I'm using VS 2008 and working in VB. The editor is very buggy. It typically stops responding to mouse events and I have to close and reopen the designer to continue working.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2009
10 answers
368 views
Hi,

I am using Reporting Q1 2009 with a ReportViewer control embedded in my web site, and the toolbar is not formatted correctly. This seems to happen when the control is part of a tab inside a RadTabStrip control. Here is a link to a screenshot. It worked fine before it was part of a tab. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian
Sid
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2009
3 answers
343 views
I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to bind my object to the report. My object represents a sales order. I have set the DataSource to the Items property of my object and that works fine for the line items of the order. I've added a public property on the report that is set to my Sales Order object. However, I haven't figured out how to access the header information, such as the sales order number, in a text box. If my property is called Order, specifiing =Order.SoNo in the text box gets an error saying object Order is not defined in the current context.

Other than setting text box value manualy in New(), I haven't been able to get this to work. Is there a clean way to do this?
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?