Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
141 views
Hi Telerik Team,

 I need to show the record as 
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
......

instead of vertically.

I already posted this query day before yesterday. But it was missing in the forum. Kindly respond me. 

Regards,
Katte.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2009
1 answer
342 views
I read earlier last year that you could not hide the toolbar in the ReportView control...is this still the case in the latest builds of the product? Also, is it possible to get the control not to display any scrollbars but the contents of the report, as is?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2009
1 answer
71 views
Hi

 I am new in telerik reporting.i was create one report in webapplication
 i have 12 text boxes in report . i need to arrange properly becz if i export to excel
 the report will be collopsed and the text should not comes into single cells
 how to arrange report rows into stright line

i cant able to paste screen shot?

Regards,
Abdul Ajees 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2009
1 answer
242 views
I need the ability to pass a RecordID to a report from a grid.  The report is defined in a separate class (with a reference in the project containing the web forms) with the following code behind:

Imports System.ComponentModel
Imports System.Drawing
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports Telerik.Reporting
Imports Telerik.Reporting.Drawing
Partial Public Class GoalsCalculatorReport
    Inherits Telerik.Reporting.Report
    Public Sub New()
        InitializeComponent()
        Me.DataSource = Nothing
    End Sub

    Private Sub GoalsCalculatorReport_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.NeedDataSource
        'Transfer the ReportParameter value to the parameter of the select command    
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@PandLID").Value = Me.ReportParameters("PandLID").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@NetProfitGoal").Value = Me.ReportParameters("NetProfitGoal").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@RaiseFeesByPct").Value = Me.ReportParameters("RaiseFeesByPct").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@IncreaseCrownsPerWeek").Value = Me.ReportParameters("IncreaseCrownsPerWeek").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@ImproveAcceptanceRatePct").Value = Me.ReportParameters("ImproveAcceptanceRatePct").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@ReduceOverheadExpensePct").Value = Me.ReportParameters("ReduceOverheadExpensePct").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@IncreaseNewPatientsFromMarketing").Value = Me.ReportParameters("IncreaseNewPatientsFromMarketing").Value
        Me.SqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters("@IncreaseNewPatientsFromReferrals").Value = Me.ReportParameters("IncreaseNewPatientsFromReferrals").Value
        'Take the Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report instance and set the adapter as   
        'it's DataSource    
        Dim report As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report = CType(sender, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report)
        report.DataSource = Me.SqlDataAdapter1
    End Sub
End Class



And I've been using the following code to send grid data to another web form.  I just don't know how to use a value from the grid in a report such that when I click on (a button on) a separate record of a grid, the report will show me the data for that particular record.



    Protected Sub RadGridPLPS_ItemCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles RadGridPLPS.ItemCommand
        Dim itmITEM As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem = CType(e.Item, Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem)
        Dim cell As TableCell = itmITEM("PandLID")
        '        Response.Write(cell.Text)
        Select Case e.CommandName
            Case "Edit"
                Context.Items("PandLID") = cell.Text
                Server.Transfer("PLPStatEntry.aspx")
            Case "Summary"
                Context.Items("PandLID") = cell.Text
                Server.Transfer("Summary.aspx")
            Case "Analysis"
                Context.Items("PandLID") = cell.Text
                Server.Transfer("PracticeAnalysis.aspx")
        End Select
    End Sub



I would also like to use a similar process to be able to send data from the same web form (that contains the report viewer control) to the report.  For example to create my own selection criteria fields and pass them to the report.

Thank you
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2009
3 answers
172 views
I have 3 tables that I need to pull information from for the report I'll be making (using Telerik Reporting). 
tblCWMods (fields ProjectID, Phase, JobName, Dealer, etc.), tblCWModItems (fields ProjectID, Phase, LetterID, Modification), and tblCWModFiles (fields ProjectID, Phase, LetterID, downloadName, description).  In my report I need the info from tblCWMods as the main part or grouping.  For each report there will only be one main group.  Within that, I may have several entries from tblCWModItems (related by ProjectID & Phase to tblCWMods) each having a unique LetterID.  Within those groups there may be several entries from tblCWModFiles (related by LetterID to tblCWModItems).  So my groups should be like this in the report:

ProjectID & Phase & JobName, etc (tblCWMods)
        LetterID & Modification (tblCWModItems)
                downloadName & description (tblCWModFiles)
        LetterID & Modification (tblCWModItems)
                downloadName & description (tblCWModFiles)


I'm just wondering how I would go about grabbing all this information from my sql database and then apply it to a new report.  I think I'm talking myself in circles on this one and have confused myself!!  :)   I'm using vb.net 2008 and I'm a beginner using Telerik Reporting.  So any information would definitely be appreciated!!  Please let me know if any other information is needed.  Thanks in advance.
Amanda
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Jun 2009
2 answers
1.4K+ views
Hi
I want to give page number in each pages footer.how can i achieve this?
Please help.
vin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jun 2009
2 answers
108 views
I am using Linq to SQL to populate generic non LINQ classes to display report data.  I created a method to return a List<T> of the class to the Report Datasource in the report constructor.  I also have a subreport in the details section of my report where I want to populate with data related to each line item of the main report.  The problem is the NeedDataSource is only called once and results in the first line item contains nothing in the subreport and every line item after that has data from the first line item.

My question is, how do I get a subreport in the details section to contain data related to its containing line item?
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jun 2009
1 answer
229 views
Hi,

I would like to migrate some complex reports from Crystal to telerik. But one feature gives me a headache. 
We have created hundreds of text modules containing preformatted text with MS Word and stored them in a BLOB column as OLE Object. Crystal ist able to extract those OLE objects and renders them to display them in the report.
Can this also be done with telerik?

Best Regards, 
Stefan 
  
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2009
5 answers
235 views
After struggling with passing in parameters for several days, I finally got it to work perfectly when on my local machine.  However, when I deploy it to the server, it doesn't seem to passing the parameter correctly.  No data appears in the report.  This is how I'm passing in the parameter from my aspx page.  (SummaryReport is the name of my Report.)  Is there a reason that this would work locally, but not on the server?  Help, I'm so frustrated!

 

Dim RID As Integer

 

RID = Request.QueryString("RID")

 

 

 

Dim Report As Telerik.Reporting.Report

 

 

Report =

New SummaryReport

 

 

Report.ReportParameters(0).Value = RID

 

Me.ReportViewer1.Report = Report

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2009
1 answer
87 views

hi

I am trying to create the following web app scenario, my user on a web page plays around with a linq based grid , filtering, ordering etc, then they choose to run a report based on the records they have in the grid.

Any good example(s) of sending in the resultant linq data set to a telerik report to produce this 


thanks
kevin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?