Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
108 views
Hello again Telerik friends,

I have a strange situation going on when creating reports with the Editor for VS2008... But first thing first, my system config:

Telerik Reporting 2008 Q2
Windows XP - English
Keyboard config - Portuguese.

Now, when I open an editor tab in the VS2008, my keyboard goes mad, and starts to write non accentuated char, by example, when I try to write an á the output in the screen is ´´a ... but more strange than that is that all the applications I try to write that char, the output will be always the wrong one. When I close that tab, the output becomes to be the expected... odd no? Any thoughts about that?

Note, that I don't have any viruses, or any kind of malicious soft in my machine, thats for sure. This only happens when I open the Editor tab in VS2008 IDE.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandro Martins

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
3 answers
591 views
I have a reportviewer that displays some reports on an .aspx page. When I serve these pages with Visual Studio everything runs as it should. Report displays on the page fine.
  However, when I go to serve the pages with IIS 7, I get the following error : "Cannot create an object of type 'Telerik.Reporting.IReportDocument' from its string representation 'ReportingLib.Sales, ReportingLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' for the 'Report' property". "ReportingLib" is the class library where my reports exist. Following info seems to be relevant here.  
1)I have all of the telerik trial version dlls installed in the gac on the machine as well as in the web applications bin directory. 2) On the page with the report viewer I have the below code. Also below is my web.config. Note I have placed httphandler sections with relevant info in both the <system.web> and <system.webserver> sections of the web.config(as given in a previous post on the forum).  I have tinkered with my web.config settings quite a bit believing this maybe where the issue is. If I eliminate the <validation  validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"> for the <system.webServer> node IIS7 comes back with an error 

HTTP Error 500.23 - Internal Server Error

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

Can anyone tell me is there something i need to tell iis7 in my web.config or is there a better way to troubleshoot this?

Jason

<?

 

xml version="1.0"?>

 

<!--

 

 

Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

A full list of settings and comments can be found in

machine.config.comments usually located in

\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

-->

<

 

configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

 

<

 

appSettings/>

 

<

 

connectionStrings>

 

<

 

remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

 

<

 

add name="connSomsys" connectionString="Data Source=CMDIVST004\JASON08;Initial Catalog=QuoteDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=ggggg;Password=ggggg" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

 

</

 

connectionStrings>

 

<!--

 

<compilation debug="false" />

 

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

</customErrors>

 

 

-->

 

<

 

system.web>

 

<

 

httpHandlers>

 

<

 

add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" validate="true"/>

 

</

 

httpHandlers>

 

<

 

httpRuntime maxRequestLength="512000"/>

 

<

 

compilation defaultLanguage="c#">

 

<

 

assemblies>

 

<

 

add assembly="MonoSoftware.Web.TextBox, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=FAF3283597AC56FF"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Xheo.Licensing, Version=2.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=798276055709C98A"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="MonoSoftware.Web.DynamicPopUp, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=FAF3283597AC56FF"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="MonoSoftware.Web.Helper, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=FAF3283597AC56FF"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="System, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="MonoSoftware.Web.Calculator, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=FAF3283597AC56FF"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Office, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Processing, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.Reporting, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Interfaces, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.HtmlEngine, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Design, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.Design, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WinForms, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

 

<

 

add assembly="ReportingLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral"/>

 

</

 

assemblies>

 

<

 

buildProviders>

 

<

 

add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

 

</

 

buildProviders>

 

</

 

compilation>

 

<

 

sessionState timeout="45"/>

 

<

 

authentication mode="Forms">

 

<

 

forms timeout="300"/>

 

</

 

authentication>

 

<

 

authorization>

 

<

 

deny users="?"/>

 

</

 

authorization>

 

</

 

system.web>

 

<!--

 

allow users to access these directories/pages/files without logging in-->

 

<

 

location path="loginhelp.aspx">

 

<

 

system.web>

 

<

 

authorization>

 

<

 

allow users="?"/>

 

</

 

authorization>

 

<

 

compilation debug="true"/>

 

</

 

system.web>

 

</

 

location>

 

<

 

system.webServer>

 

<

 

validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>

 

<

 

defaultDocument>

 

<

 

files>

 

<

 

clear/>

 

<

 

add value="default_loc.aspx"/>

 

<

 

add value="default.aspx"/>

 

</

 

files>

 

</

 

defaultDocument>

 

<

 

handlers>

 

<

 

add name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>

 

</

 

handlers>

 

</

 

system.webServer>

 

</

 

configuration>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="chart.aspx.cs" Inherits="reporting_chart" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.0.9.430, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" 
    Namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title></title>  
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        <h3>Header</h3> 
    <telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Height="482px"   
            Report="ReportingLib.Summary, ReportingLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"   
            Width="686px">  
        </telerik:ReportViewer> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
1 answer
125 views
Hi,

I am able to display report on the report viewer but when i am trying to print or exporting to either pdf or excel or any......   I am getting the following error:

"An error occurred while processing report": A column named resource_name is already belongs to this datatable.

Dynamically i created a datatable and attached to this report.


Thanks.

Regards
Syed Arshad

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
5 answers
570 views
I have to pass two parameters to subreport one is username and the other is sortby(column name will be entered by user). I am able to filter the data based on the selected username but I am not able to sort based on the parameter entered by the user(only the default value given in the report parameter for sort is getting sorted). I guess the sort parameter is not getting passed to the sub report.
Also my doubt is when I select any username will the sort option be applied to the entire report data or only the selected username report data?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
1 answer
96 views

hi

  i created one report in my web application.

  I have to show 12 fields in report so when i was show that filed the report is expanded.I cant show all the value sin report viewr
  if i generate as pdf some fiedls missing

 

string

 

mimeType = string.Empty;

 

 

string ext = string.Empty;

 

 

Encoding encoding = Encoding.Default;

 

 

byte[] reportBytes = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(

 

 

"PDF"

 

 

 

 

, reportToExport

,

null

 

 

 

 

,

out mimeType

 

,

out ext

 

,

out encoding);

 

 

 

string fileName = reportName + ".pdf";

 

Response.Clear();

Response.ContentType = mimeType;

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(

HttpCacheability.Private);

 

Response.Expires = -1;

Response.Buffer =

false;

 

Response.AddHeader(

"Content-Disposition",

 

 

string.Format("{0};FileName=\"{1}\"",

 

 

"attachment",

 

fileName));

Response.OutputStream.Write(reportBytes, 0, reportBytes.Length);

Response.End();


PDF is generated but Recodr is not coming fully
how to solv this prob

Regards

Abdul Ajees

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
4 answers
104 views
Hi, I'm new to telerik reporting and I admit that I have never tried this before.
I'm looking for an answer if my scenario is possible with telerik reporting:

I want to have an engine for displaying report that I will include in my web app for the client (one institution) with a couple of predefined reports. However, the requirement is that those reports will need to be flexible and the client should be able to modify them and create others. So, it seems like I would like to have a component that would  be able to run a wizard on the installed app and let the business admin generate report templates that he will place on the site, so that the users can take advantage of them. Everything without visual studio. Is this scenario possible? - I doubt, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If no? is there any other way to include new reports on the site by my client themselves without the need of recompiling ?

thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
1 answer
279 views
Hello,

I am trying to build a Telerik Report (Template) to dynamically build reports based on the DataSource that it binds to. How can I dynamically add controls into each (header, details & footer section)? Please help.

I am trying something similar. But it is not letting me to do that. Please help. Thanks

public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page {  
 
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {  
 
            // ReportTemplate is an Empty Report without any controls.  
            ReportTemplate Rep = new ReportTemplate();  
            for (int i = 0; i < 8; i++) {  
                Telerik.Reporting.TextBox h = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();  
                h.Value = "Column" + i.ToString();  
                PageHeaderSection header = new PageHeaderSection();  
                Header.Controls.Add(h);  
 
            }  
        }  
    } 


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2009
4 answers
556 views
I'm trying to display a report in a WPF window and I'm stuck.

I know I had something similar working a while back but with the changes I've made and upgrade to the Telerik ReportViewer I can't seem to accomplish the task now.

Here's the code for my ReportViewer window:

    public partial class MyReportViewer : Window  
    {  
        private IReportDocument myReport;  
 
        public MyReportViewer(IReportDocument document)  
        {  
            myReport = document;  
            InitializeComponent();  
        }  
 
        private void WindowLoaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)  
        {  
            System.Windows.Forms.Integration.WindowsFormsHost host = new System.Windows.Forms.Integration.WindowsFormsHost();  
 
            ReportViewer rptViewer = new ReportViewer();  
            rptViewer.Report = this.myReport;  
            rptViewer.RefreshReport();  
            host.Child = rptViewer;  
              
              
        }  
   }  

 

 

 



Here's the calling window:
...

 

            KeyFront keyfront = new KeyFront(zone.ZoneID);  
            MyReportViewer rptViewer = new MyReportViewer(keyfront);  
            rptViewer.Show(); 

Here's the report code:
 

        public KeyFront(int zonepk)  
        {  
            /// <summary>  
            /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support  
            /// </summary>  
            InitializeComponent();  
 
            this.sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters["@ZonePK"].Value = zonepk;  
            this.DataSource = this.sqlDataAdapter1;  
 
 
            //  
            // TODO: Add any constructor code after InitializeComponent call  
            //  
        } 

 

 

 

The report viewer window does appear but is blank.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
-Sid Meyers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sid
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jun 2009
1 answer
120 views
Hi,

I have a web app developed using Visual Web studio 2008 express.  I have installed your Telerik Reports Trial version but i do not see the templates needed to get me started with your reports.


Brian

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2009
4 answers
229 views
Was wondering if there is an easy way to bind a dataset to a chart programmatically. Would like to use one of my prebuilt stored procedures without using a strongly typed dataset. Would like to do something like the following. The  last line fails however as the chart1 object does not appear to have a datasource property.

 

SqlConnection connSomsys = new SqlConnection(@"Server=cmdivst004\Jason08;Integrated Security=true;Database=QuoteDB");

 

 

SqlCommand selectChartinfo;

 

selectChartinfo =

new SqlCommand("sprocgetinternationalsales", connSomsys);

 

selectChartinfo.CommandType =

CommandType.StoredProcedure;

 

selectChartinfo.Parameters.AddWithValue(

"@year", 2008);

 

 

SqlDataAdapter adapter6 = new SqlDataAdapter(selectChartinfo);

 

 

DataSet dataSet6 = new DataSet();

 

adapter6.Fill(dataSet6);

 

this.chart1.datasource = dataSet6;

 

Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jun 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?