Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
133 views
Hi, I am new to using any reporting suite. Usually I query data from the db and manually parse it out and generate my html layout. I was hoping using a reporting toolset would make things easier.

I've been reading and following along some telerik reporting guides.

It looks like paramaters and filtering do not take place at the db-level and are instead after the data is pulled. This is a big problem for me. I need to use params when i pull the data. I could be pulling a million records if i can't have the report pull only the records for a specific userID and then report on it.

Is there any way to make it work like i expected it to?
Or am i going to have to stick to using a grid?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2009
3 answers
264 views
Hi ,

In a dataset there are more than 10 records, while populating these records to telerik report it displays only one record.
kindly suggest me the options for showing all the records in telerik report.

Regards,
Parthiban.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2009
1 answer
356 views
Goodmorning,

I have a problem with a report involving a subreport section containing some data picked up from a stored procedure.
The subreport data consists of a kind of "invoice detail" section (some items with their description, prices etc).

The problem is that when there are lot of items in the detail section of the subreport, the subreport itself does not maintain the limits of the subreport section declared in the master page (I've already set the KeepTogether property of the subreport to "False") and keeps "growing" in order to contain all the data. This way the data AFTER the subreport section goes on the next page, instead of having a new page with the remaining of the subreport data.

So, the main problem is hot to keep a subreport within the bounds declared in the subreport size?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Marius.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2009
1 answer
274 views
Hi ...
I`ve just came to know about the Telerik Reports.
How to pass sql parameter value in run time in Telerik Reports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Robins


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2009
1 answer
174 views
I'm using an object as my data source.  The object has a function that returns another object.  I wish to use a function return value of that returned object as the value in a TextBox, but the report is not happy and shows an exception box pertaining to not being able to find the lower function.  For example, my TextBox value field looks something like this: =GetSubObject().GetValue( p1, p2).  The report would be  complaining "The expression contains undefined function call GetValue."
Is there any way to do this?  I'm guessing a subreport that uses the GetSubObject return value as its data source would be an option?
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Jun 2009
1 answer
224 views
Hi .
 This is suriya .,
 sir i have doubt in retriving the next row record and calculating in another field....

Date                        days
4-Jan-2009 0
7-Jan-2009 3
9-Jan-2009 2
10-Jan-2009 1

i need the above answer, but u have the date field only., it is possible or not in teleriks.,
please reply as soon as possible.,

By
Suriya narayanan

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2009
1 answer
110 views
Hi ,

I have made the Master /Detail sub report and execute well in my local machine ,however when i publish the code and try to view the Master /Detail report i am not getting the sub report content while i am getting only the master table content at the same time all my reports are executing at local and in publish code i do not understand why this is happening only for Master/Detail subreporting.

I am using the following trial version.

Telerik_Reporting_2008_3_1402_trial

Thanks,
Neeraj.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2009
3 answers
185 views
      SqlConnection connSomsys = new SqlConnection(@"Server=cmdivst004\Jason08;Integrated Security=false;Database=QuoteDB; Persist Security Info=True;User ID=cmdiapp;Password=adiadmin");  
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport report3 = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport)sender;  
 
            SqlCommand selectCommand;  
            selectCommand = new SqlCommand("sprocgetYears", connSomsys);  
            selectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;  
            selectCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ousername_vc", this.ReportParameters["ousername_vc"].Value);  
            SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter(selectCommand);  
            DataSet dataSet3 = new DataSet();  
            adapter.Fill(dataSet3);  
            
           //Now I would like to do something like the following but cannot, need help with this part...  
            report3.Table1.DataSource = dataSet3;  
             
I have a subreport that contains a table. I need to be able to set the datasource for this table from within the Parent report code behind. I believe i may need to do something with the Item DataBinding events but am not 100% certain. I am using stored procedures and calling them programmatically. Below is a code snippet where near the bottom of the snippet I need to access the table and its datasource that lives in the subreport. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jason
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2009
1 answer
135 views
Does the Report Wizard support binding to Stored procedures? If not, what is the best practice?

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2009
1 answer
257 views
I'm trying to pass a DataSet with two Data Tables to fill text boxes in the report header and report lines of the report.  When I step the code and do a watch on the report, the text values are showing the correct values from the dataset, but when the report is displayed on my web form they are not there.  It will just use the value of the textbox frpm design time?  How do I get the report viewer to display the report with updated textbox values?  I set the a report object equal to the method to update the textboxes that returns the updated report, then set that to the reportviewer's report property as I've seen in examples, but the textbox values are not updating?
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jun 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?