Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
149 views
I am having an issue that I cannot seem to figure out.

I have a report that has code in the needdatasource event that updates three textboxes in the report.  I have setup the report and in the preview it renders correctly.  however, once I add a reportviewer to the page and set the report parameters, the report renders the details section just fine and it is based upon the parameters I passed in.  But the textboxes being set in the needdatasource event are not updated.  If I hit the refresh button on the reportviewer, it is then updated.

Any ideas on where I should be updating the textboxes?
Terry Webster
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Aug 2009
0 answers
138 views
Is there anything for Telerik Reporting like SSRS?  I'm talking about browsing reports, setting permissions and saving parameters and such.  If not is there anything in the works for that?  If not then how about an open source project? :D
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Aug 2009
1 answer
214 views
I have gone over the videos on reporting but I am still having an issue getting data to show.

I have added a class to an existing project and gone through the creation wizard to create the data connnection and lay out the report.  The selected data fields show in the designer view such as =Fields.[First Name], etc.  When i click preview I only get the report header and footer.

I added a new aspx form and added the report viewer and set it equal to the new report class.  When I display that screen I get the report header and footer but no details.

What step an I missing
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Aug 2009
3 answers
212 views
Hello,

I am exporting a PDF in code (not using the web viewer) and would like to prevent the user from interaction with the rest of the side until the Open/Save dialog prompt. Does anyone know if this can be done. And if so, how?


Thanks,
John
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Aug 2009
0 answers
78 views
Hi
I am trying to use crosstab to make a small report att runtime. But I can`t find any code for it. Thay all use somthing like  this.reportYearTableAdapter1.Fill(this.dashboardDataSet.ReportYear); .

I will have a small manuel way to do it.

Somting like this.
1. Add rows and colms to the cross tab
2. Put in the data fields. (maby TextBox objekt where value is the databinding field eks. "=prop_name")

If it is easy 3. put in a grupe
Thats it.

Regaards
Janus S. Andersen
Denmark
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 01 Aug 2009
2 answers
670 views
I wantto set visible property of a field of my report to false programmatically, if user doesn't wantto see the field (it is actually summary field of related table and user may not wantto see it on report.). How can i do that?

Thanks in advance...
Kem Arda
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2009
2 answers
81 views
I just wantto group my records on my telerik reporting.I wantto group records concerning the first three letters of my nvarchar field. I do the following:  

= Fields.HesapKodu Like CStr(Fields.HesapKodu, 0, 3)

When i run my project it throws exception
"An error has occured while processing Report '':
The expression contains undefined function call CStr()."

Could someone pls help me?
Kem Arda
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2009
2 answers
261 views
Hi there,

Is it possible to avoid a page break to happen within DetailSection in Telerik Reports? It sometimes makes pretty funny and not very practical page breaks and for example a group footer goes to the next page. I would prefer that the new group would start completely from the next page if it does not fit to one page.

I found KeepTogether property from a group header, but it seems not to affect the sub sections (=details).

Thanks for any tips!

- Ville
Ville
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jul 2009
1 answer
256 views
I am trying to create Filters at Runtime as i have some Custom Logic that needs to be developed for Our Operations Team to work.

Below ic code that i am using.
Report report = (Report)this.ReportViewer1.Report; 
        if (!Page.IsPostBack) 
        { 
            PopulateStatus(); 
        } 
 
        if (!RadDatePicker1.SelectedDate.HasValue) 
        { 
            RadDatePicker1.SelectedDate = DateTime.Today; 
        } 
         
        report.Filters.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter("StartTime", Telerik.Reporting.Data.FilterOperator.GreaterOrEqual, RadDatePicker1.SelectedDate.ToString())); 
         
        string temp = ComboWithCheckBoxes1.GetCommaSeparatedValues(); 
        if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(temp)) 
        { 
            report.Filters.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter("BookingItemStatusId", Telerik.Reporting.Data.FilterOperator.In, temp)); 
        } 

In above Code filter at Line 12 seems to work Perfectly but the Filter set at Line 17 doesnot display any results. No results are displayed Matching Criteria,

The Filter Explressions that  i can see are

For Lin 12
{StartTime >= 29/07/2009 00:00:00} 
For Line 17
{BookingItemStatusId In 9435038e-92d3-4b89-bcef-ce37eb787936,5f6065b2-d392-4b0e-a738-f16f71f1547e,a1a8e6ea-a275-4f76-b28c-96cfe34bea11,e8fac681-1852-4b8a-adeb-328e940115ac,b5830192-a2e4-4e98-ac46-483bbcdb5a05,369b843b-48e6-479c-841e-1b2c42039be0}

Just to Let you know i have selected all Status Values. If  dont select any value results are displayed but when i select 
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Jul 2009
3 answers
254 views
I followed the video tutorial on creating parameterized queries for reports but i'm having trouble replicating it for SubReports. 
The code for the subreport:
            get { return (int)sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters["@WorkOrderItem"].Value; }
            set { sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters["@WorkOrderItem"].Value = value; }

the code from the .aspx page:

            Reports.SubReports.WOTechnicianDetails subReport = new Reports.SubReports.WOTechnicianDetails();
            subReport.FK_WorkOrderParam1 = int.Parse(this.Id.ToString());

when I do it this way, the subreport gets the value I want, but it still only loads the default that I put in for the Sql Data Adapter under parameters.  Am I missing a place I need to refresh the report?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks   



Sean Beaulac
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jul 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?