Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
501 views
Hi,

Are there any sample solutions or projects of examples for Telerik Reporting?  I'm looking for a sample web report with parameters.

Thanks,
Darren
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2009
1 answer
100 views
Hello,

We have noticed that while using the telerik reporting filter operator  "Telerik.Reporting.Data.FilterOperator.LessOrEqual" for date datatype it gives the same result as Telerik.Reporting.Data.FilterOperator.Less.
Please notify us, how can this be resolved?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2009
1 answer
107 views
down load the trial version Q2 2009, 

PC configuration:

Visual studio web express 2008, net 3.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2009
3 answers
181 views
Hello
I need help. 
I have a report that displays Column "FullName" And Column "Antal" (quantity).
This is my query for that.
SELECT CONCAT(u.FirstName, ' ', u.LastName) AS FullName, COUNT(*) AS Antal
FROM Bookings b
INNER JOIN Users u ON u.Id = b.BookedById
INNER JOIN CompanyUsers cu ON (cu.Id = u.Id)
WHERE cu.CompanyId = 2
GROUP BY u.Id
ORDER BY Antal DESC;

I have added two parameter values from the ReportParameter-collection of the report, one for Year and one for Month. These values displays in two dropdowns. I have also added a filter. =Fields.Year = =Parameters.Year AND =Fields.Month = =Parameters.Month
This is my query for that.
SELECT DISTINCT MONTH(BookedDate) AS Month, YEAR(BookedDate) AS Year
FROM Bookings b 
INNER JOIN CompanyUsers cu ON cu.Id = b.BookedById
ORDER BY Year DESC, Month DESC;

The textboxes that displays FullName and Antal is empty when I choose a value from the "dropdowns". But if I remove the filter FullName an Antal displays with the overall quantity.
How can I get my Report to interact with the parameters value in my dropdowns. When I choose a month from the dropdown I want the quantity for exactly that month. Not the overall result. 

Excuse my English
Thanks
/Emil


Emil Eriksson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Aug 2009
5 answers
216 views
Hi
I am trying to make a report where I have a colum where I am using the sum- function, but I have to format the result of this colum to be a price in $. It is not working to use the normal Format property and the TextBox - object. Then my idear was to use the System.String.Format- funktion but this don`t work.

Pls. help me out.

TextBox o = new RapportDataFelt("sum(" + kolonne.KolonneNavn + ")}", kolonne.HeaderStyle).Textbox;  
o.Style.TextAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right;  
o.Style.Font.Bold = true;  
o.Format = "{0:C2}";  
Sincerely,
Janus S. Andersen
Denmark
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Aug 2009
2 answers
386 views
Hi,

I'm trying to make the report viewer height 100%.  I tried following the example in best practices.  I can make it work with this doctype:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" > 

I tried to use the doctype from the demo:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 

Here's my ASPX:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="EventMetrics.aspx.cs" Inherits="GateSureWeb.Reporting.EventMetrics" %> 
 
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.1.9.701, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" tagprefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" > 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Event Metrics</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server" style="height: 100%;"> 
    <div id="content" style="height: 100%;"> 
     
        <telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%" 
            Report="EnveraReports.EventMetrics, EnveraReports, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"> 
        </telerik:ReportViewer> 
     
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Here's my CSS but it didn't work:
body 
{ 
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif; 
    font-size:10pt; 
    height:100%; 
} 
 
form#form1, div#content 
{ 
    height: 100%; 
    width: 100%; 
} 
 

I had to style the report viewer right in the ASPX.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Darren
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2009
3 answers
240 views
Are there any plans to create a tool that can generate a Telerik Report from a Word document or RTF file?  We have a need to be able to get reports from clients that can be presented in Word or RTF format, insert data into the reports and present it to the user as a PDF document (or other supported formats).  I wasn't sure if this was even on the radar to do.

It'd be so much easier if we could just take their reports, generate a Telerik Report from it and put it into the application.

Thoughts?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2009
7 answers
227 views
Hi,

I have a report with 6 columns, nothing fancy, and bound with a dataset having about 22000 rows, it takes forever to generate and when it is "done", it just show a blank page.

Any idea?  I read you knowledge base and I don't think I could put them into seperate subreports.

Thanks,

Scott
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Aug 2009
2 answers
199 views
Hi
I am trying to make a server- side methode to refresh- report button on the ReportViewver in a webpage.

I am using IE and use the newst version og Telerik Report.

I have fund http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/winforms-report-viewer-serverapi.html, but can`t find a way to put in a method server- side that is called when the button is pushed.

Pls. help me there.

Best Regaards from
Janus S. Andersen
Denmark
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Aug 2009
2 answers
333 views
Hi,

I created a report with only a pageheader, size 0cm and one detail section with several subreports in panels. The sizing seems to fit, at least there are no warning exclamation marks regarding page size, etc.

Nevertheless the report starts on page two.

When I resize the page header and put some text in, it appears on page one, with the detail section still on page two.

I guess I am missing some obvious setting, that currently I am unable to find,

Thanks for helping out


Andreas
Andreas N.
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Aug 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?