This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

regression issue in 2014.1.403

1 Answer 16 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Trevor asked on 02 Jul 2014, 11:10 PM
We just discovered a change in behavior in version 2014.1.403 of the editor. Our previous production version of the editor was 2012.2.724 - it did not have this problem. I have not tested any other versions of the editor besides these two.  I reviewed the release notes and saw nothing to indicate this was an intentional change.

To demonstrate the problem, I created a simple project with a single aspx page that includes an editor and a submit button. I'll include the markup below. The submit button does a redirect.  

The problem we are seeing in version 2014.1.403 of the editor is that if the user clicks the browser Back button after the submit, their updated editor content is GONE. This problem did not exist in 2012.2.724. In 2012.2.724 any content entered by the user was retained upon clicking the Back button.

Note that other controls on the page all retain their updated content upon Back button click.

I've created a small video to demonstrate the problem. Please watch it here:

http://screencast.com/t/StcFQYkzi

The previous editor behavior is depended on by our application for handling concurrency scenarios. This is affecting our production customers now.

Is there some way we can achieve the previous behavior in the 2014.1.403 editor? Otherwise, can we get a fix included in the next release of the editor?

Thanks,
Trevor.

demo aspx:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1.WebForm1" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
        <input type="submit" runat="server" id="btnSubmit" value="Submit" name="btnSubmit">        
        <telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1">
            <Content>
                <p>this is line one</p>
                <p>this is line two</p>
                <p>this is line three</p>
                <p>this is line four</p>
            </Content>
        </telerik:RadEditor>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2014, 11:20 AM
Hi Trevor,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

This issue appears to be introduced since 2014 Q1 and it is due to a bug fix related to a memory leak under IE8.

You can track the task's progress via this feedback portal item, in which you can find a possible workaround to roll back to the old behavior of the content saving functionality.

As appreciation for this report I am updating your Telerik points.

I suggest using it after verifying that everithing works as expected under IE8.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or