This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadWindow Position

2 Answers 95 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
William asked on 13 Oct 2011, 09:29 PM
I have a long page that contains a grid and every row has an edit link.  When I scroll down and click a link that will open a radWindow the page refreshes and scroll back to the top but the radWindow is left at the bottom.  In order to see the window the user must scroll back down.  Is there a work around that will either prevent the page from scrolling back to the top or have the radWindow open up in the new position?
Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Oct 2011, 06:58 AM
Hello William,

RadGrid provides ClientSettings.Scrolling.SaveScrollPosition property that has exactly this purpose. However its default value is true, so if you have not explicitly disabled it RadGrid should save its scroll position. You can see this feature working in this online example:
Grid / Scrolling.

Thanks,
Shinu.
Manoj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2013, 03:18 AM
I am also facing the same issue even after setting ClientSettings.Scrolling.SaveScrollPosition=true

Details to recreate the Issue

1.Consider radGrid with 20 columns and 1000 rows which has both vertical and horizontal  scroll in it.
2. Show a link in 20th column. When clicking that link, it should open a page in radwindow which return value to the parent.
3.No postback happens, but the raggrid scroll position gets back to ScrollLeft = 0 and ScrollTop = 0 automatically after radwindow OnClientClose event.

This problem occurred only in IE7. In Google chrome its working fine.

Please help.

Tags
Window
Asked by
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Manoj