This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadUpload in MOSS 2007

3 Answers 247 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rodrigo Vasquez
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rodrigo Vasquez asked on 18 Feb 2008, 03:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone has implemented RadUpload into MOSS 2007?

I have read all the documentation and whitepapers, but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before and might have some advice with this particular control.

From my standpoint I don't think it is possible to 'override' the default upload control in MOSS. So we have thought of 2 approaches.

1. Create a custom web part that renders the RadUpload control, setting the RadControls dirctory in code per the whitepaper. Then adding a "Save File(s)" button on the web part to actually perform the upload function. The save button would need to make in insertion into a document library using the SPList.Files.Add command. The document library would be selected with a custom toolpane option.

2. Basically the same as the above, except instead of having the toolpane option to select the upload location, we could put the web part on the default document upload page. (in most cases a default upload document page is created for each site /_layouts/Upload.aspx) We could then pull the ListID out of the query string which will determine which document library to upload to. This option requires less deployment and is more dynamic.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2008, 08:19 AM
Hello Rodrigo,

Yes, you can integrate RadUpload in MOSS 2007, by using the instructions provided in the following pdf document:
http://www.telerik.com/documents/MOSS_whitepaper.pdf.

You can find more information about the RadControls integration in MOSS in the following page: Integration Guide.

Please, note that we do not have a MOSS specific version of RadUpload. If you want to use our upload tool in SharePoint, you will need to write some code that will save the uploaded files in the MOSS database instead of on disk. You can use the public SharePoint APIs to add the files in a document library and provide the additional information ( content type, description, etc.).

If you need additional information about the upload control, you can review the online examples at http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Upload/Examples/Overview/DefaultCS.aspx and then ask us about a specific feature.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Dieter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2008, 08:07 PM
Hi,
I am new in this forum and found it on searching for a solution for our following problem.
we want to upload multiple files to MOSS2007 AND to fill out mutliple attributes for these dokuments.It should be the same behaviour like when uploading a single dokument.there you can fill in all the attributes for this document whereas this is not possible for multiple upload.
thanks for information,
Dieter
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Dieter,

RadUpload is ASP.NET control which provides the ability to upload multiple files at once in standard ASP.NET sites. However, if you would like to integrate RadUpload in MOSS then you should write custom code since we do not offer a complete integration solution for multiple file uploads in MOSS and their handling.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Rodrigo Vasquez
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen