This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScriptManager and SharePoint 2010 compatibility

2 Answers 60 Views
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris asked on 30 Oct 2012, 06:46 PM
Hello,

I have replaced the Microsoft ScriptManager with the RadScriptManager in my SharePoint site's master page.  That part seems to work just fine.  However, when I try to use some of the advanced features of RadScriptManager like EnableScriptCombine and TelerikCdn, they do not seem to function. It's as if these setting are getting ignored entirely, so I was wondering if they are even designed to work in SharePoint 2010?  Or perhaps there's some additional configuration steps needed to make them work?

I have successfully used these settings in a stand-alone web site (not hosted in SharePoint) without problem, even on the same machine.  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.  We are desperately trying to use these features to reduce latency in a client's production site. 

I am currently using Telerik AJAX controls version 
2011.1.413.35, however the same problem seems to exist in the latest release (2012.3.1016.35) as well.

Thank you,

Chris

P.S. I tried posting this in the SharePoint forum but I'm getting no answer!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 31 Oct 2012, 09:51 AM
Hello Chris,

Indeed, SharePoint has certain limitations - can you provide us more details about your scenario?
We will research whether it is achievable with RadScriptManager.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2012, 06:54 PM
Tags
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
Asked by
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kalina