This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

“RadContext Menus” are not positioned properly when there is horizontal scroll bar available in the page for Telerik version "2014.2.724.45".

5 Answers 120 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Riz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Riz asked on 25 Sep 2014, 03:31 PM
Hello Telerik Team,

We have used the UI for ASP.NET AJAX Telerik toolkit in our application. Recently we have upgraded the Telerik version from older version “2012.2.724.35” to the new version “2014.2.724.45”. After upgrading the Telerik version we are facing some functionality issues. We need your help on identifying the fix for following mentioned issue. 

Following is the issue which we are facing after upgrading Telerik Version to “2014.2.724.45” i.e. UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2014

Issue: Basically the issue is that, we have used RadContext menu with the Telerik Grid controls if there are few columns visible in the Grid and if we click to open the context menu it displays the menu properly and at the desired position, refer the image “BeforeTelerikUpgrade”.
Now the issue is that when there are more columns visible in the grid then the “Horizontal Scroll bar” appears at the bottom of the page so that we can scroll and view all the grid columns, now when the horizontal scroll bar is visible and if we click on the “Context Menu” then in this case the context menu is displayed but its position is misplaced and it do not appear at item where it should actually be displayed, refer the image “AfterTelerikUpgrade”.

The Context Menus used to display and work as desired in the previous Telerik version “2012.2.724.35” but after we have upgraded the Telerik to the new version “2014.2.724.45” we are facing this issue.

Please can anyone help us to identify the fix for this problem which we are facing?

Thanks in advance,
Riz 

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Riz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Sep 2014, 01:23 PM
Telerik team, still we did not got any fix for this issue. But today verified that how context menu in RadContextMenu demo page of Telerik website itself works when page has scroll bar and it seems the same issue exists in telerik site as well. It seems that telerik team does not yet fixed this issue.  

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/menu/examples/contextmenu/popupmenu/defaultcs.aspx.

In the above URL of telerik demo page when we minimize the page and when the horizontal scroll-bar appears on the page then context menu pop's up at wrong place. Please refer attached image "ContextMenuIssue.png".

We request telerik team to fix this issue quickly because in our site we have extensively used RadContextMenu and this is something major that context menus starts floating when horizontal scroll bars were enable. We are using telerik from last three years and this is something really strange issue. Telerik team, Please help us to find out the generic fix for this issue ASAP.

Thanks,
Riz
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2014, 03:02 PM
Hello,

Indeed there is a problem with positioning of the RadContextMenu in our latest versions. I logged the issue in our system and we will do our best to fix this problem for our next release (Q1 2015).

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2015, 04:10 AM

Hi,

I am just wondering if this is still an issue with the latest release. I don't appear to have any issues with Internet Explorer or Chrome however in my application it is very common for context menu's to appear in the wrong place due to scrolling when using Edge.

I have been able to replicate it on your demo site using Edge and scrolling down the page a bit before right clicking

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/menu/examples/contextmenu/default/defaultcs.aspx

Is there any workaround to make this work with Edge?

Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2015, 04:18 AM

I tested this again after posting and it worked on your demo site.

Strangely enough it appears to work fine if I have the screen maximised but not if it is in a window.

See the attached screenshots, unfortunately I had to mark roughly where the cursor was at the time
Magdalena
Telerik team
answered on 10 Nov 2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have logged it for fixing for the new Edge browser. Regarding reporting the bug, we have updated your Telerik points. We will make our best to fix it as soon as possible. We would like to appologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Magdalena
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Riz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Riz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team