This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox Q3 2009 - Autocomplete not working after installing IE8 patch

10 Answers 124 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dwayne Trott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dwayne Trott asked on 13 Oct 2011, 02:22 PM
Hello,

After installing the IE8 patch MS11-081-IE8-WindowsXP-KB2586448-x86-ENU.exe the autocomplete no longer works.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 13 Oct 2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Dwayne Trott,

I am sorry to inform you that Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET are no longer supported.
Please take a look at this article and the "Current Framework Support" section there.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Dwayne Trott
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2011, 03:11 PM
Hi Kalina,

Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET are no longer supported?  We purchased RadControls for ASP.NET Q3 2009 two years ago and have used it extensively.  Can you recommend any sort of help?  This IE patch has caused us to lose the functionality that the control was purchased for - Autocomplete.  Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
Chris T.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2011, 04:28 PM
Dwayne,

I'm having the same issue in a mission critical app - have you found any more information?  I'm looking around for some way to uninstall the patch, but nothing seems intuitively obvious to me.

I guess this just adds fuel to the "gotta upgrade this app to VS 2010" fire - maybe now my boss will let me have the necessary time.

If you find out anything, can you be sure to post here?  I'm going to keep working on it, and I'll report back if I find a fix too.

-Chris
Dwayne Trott
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2011, 05:00 PM
Hi Chris,

I haven't found anything yet.  I will let you know if I do.  Hopefully someone at Telerik will be able to help us out.

Dwayne
Geoff Suddard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2011, 01:56 PM
Hi there

Same predicament as well - a legacy site we have with 2008 controls stopped working from the IE update (the rad combo markfirstmatch property). Looks like the only solution is to update: have tried work arounds to no avail.

David
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Oct 2011, 11:11 PM
+1. This has had me baffled for a couple of weeks when the markfirstmatch just stopped working. It matches the first character typed, then tries to match the second character typed to the first character again.

I've had to turn markfirstmatch off, but this is a desparate fix. I can't just upgrade a two year old site with a massive use base, we have a new version using the latest asp.net ajax controls in the pipeline but our live website is broken RIGHT NOW!!!

Dropping support of two year old controls is harsh, and puts an entirely different slant on using third party controls in our apps. We're looking at a 3/4 year product cycle and don't have the resources to re-engineer mid cycle just because a third party control gets broken. Simply unacceptable, and in start contrast to your promises:

Respect

We listen to our customers. We take into account your needs and work on things that deliver value for you. We consider our customers as friends and we treat them like friends - with respect, honesty, understanding and genuine desire to help.

Dedication

We don’t let customers down and you can rely on us. We understand that by selecting third-party development tools for your projects, you are taking a risk as you are using someone else’s code. We hope that serious issues will never arise, but should they arise, we will be there for you and make sure you succeed in your project, whatever it takes.

Precision

"Ultimate customer service" is our Holy Grail. We offer sophisticated software tools and we know how important it is to get top-quality responses from knowledgeable people. Support inquiries at Telerik are handled by experienced members of the team, including all of the people that built the products you are using. They will answer your questions with precision and help you overcome the issues you face.

Care

We keep customers happy even if we have to go the extra mile. If you are not sure about this, you can see what people are saying – on our site and on external community sites. Good words are the biggest stimulus for everyone at Telerik, so if you have had a pleasant experience with our tools or service, share it with your friends and colleagues. We will then make sure that they are even happier than you.

Simon
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2011, 07:11 PM
Hello Phil and everyone,

The patch has introduced the problem in many different setups even with the latest version of RadComboBox and we are not yet sure what it did exactly to the break the MarkFirstMatch functionality.

We are currently working on these cases and hopefully we will be able to resolve this in our code. If that happens, we will consider releasing a JavaScript patch that can be used with older versions of the control as well.

I will follow up in this forum thread once we have concrete results.

Kind regards,
Simon
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Simon
Telerik team
answered on 31 Oct 2011, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone,

Please see this forum post for more info about the problem and the resolution we came up with.

I hope it helps.

All the best,
Simon
the Telerik team
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Oct 2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the update.

The recommended patch won;t work for me as it specific to telerik.web.ui, but I will investigate to see if the same principle will work for the classic radcombobox.
Ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Telerik,

I am having the same issue what Dwayne had been faced. Do you have any solutions? If not, we become lost hope on using telerik controls. My client is very disappointed by seeing these issues.

Any help that would be greatly appreciated.

Please don't give the old patch script again and again as that was not solved the complete fix.

Thanks
Ravi
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Dwayne Trott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kalina
Telerik team
Dwayne Trott