I am trying to use RadAjaxManager to manage with the following scenario:
- nested master pages:
I will refer to them as Outer MasterPage, inner MasterPage and Page.
- I put RadAjaxManager in Outer MasterPage
- Outer MasterPage has a RadSplitter to manage layout, the contentplaceholder for the inner MasterPage is in the right panel of the splitter.
- Inner MasterPage Contains a RadGrid.
- Page tells the inner MasterPage what datasource its RadGrid must use and the name of the UserControl to be used for edit/insert mode.
- I don't use RadAjaxManagerProxies, yet. (will be done in future)
- RadAjaxManager "ajaxifies" RadSplitter's RightPanel updating itself on its own request and on external (in MasterMasterPage) RadToolBar and RadMenu requests. I specified my RadUpdatePanel, the same for both cases.
- If I use the RadToolbar, partial rendering works good and RadUpdatePanel is shown correctly, so as on all other requests i did not mention
except from inside the radgrid, my problem.
Inside the RadGrid, indeed, if I use RadGrid commands, all of the postback controls inside my usercontrol (in edit/insert mode) and all grid commands (in edit/insert mode and in normal mode) are still doing partial rendering correctly, but my updatepanel is not shown this time. I capture OnRequestStart" from the RadAjaxManager, but the event is captured only on requests coming from outside the grid (i need to disable from a request inside an user control, which is inside the grid)
I tried to replace RadAjaxManager with a RadAjaxPanel, and in this case the problem is solved. But I need to use RadAjaxManager.
In addition (maybe different problem) all validators used inside my UserControl don't work client-side on the first request (but work server-side), but only after a postback was done.
Any hints to correct these issues?