This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

r.a.d. control for MCMS 2002 - question

8 Answers 45 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 02 Jun 2010, 06:14 PM
hi all, we use r.a.d. editor for our MCMS 2002.  We have a person at my company that the RADControl won't display for his Internet Explorer 8 browser.  I run IE8 and it displays for everyone else fine except for this one person.  I checked his INternet Explorer Security Settings and match it to my and it is fine.  I cannot pinpoint why the control won't render on his browser when it renders fine on my. 

I know this particular control is out of support and MCMS 2002 is very very old....I thought I would throw the question out there to anyone that might have an idea or a place where I can look to get the RADControl to render on his web browser.
Thanks in advance.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 02:47 PM
Hello Mike,

Indeed, we no longer support RadEditor for MCMS. The RadEditorPlaceholderControl's development is discontinued since the end of 2007. Since r.a.d.editor for MCMS 2002 is released years before the official release of IE8, the editor does not support this modern browser.

The only thing that I could suggest is putting the following tag in the head tag of the page with the editor:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

The "X-UA-Compatible" meta tag renders the page in Internet Explorer 8 as in IE7 Standards mode. You can find more information in this articles: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2008/06/10/introducing-ie-emulateie7.aspx
and http://www.cherny.com/webdev/103/the-ie-8-x-ua-compatible-meta-tag.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
duong
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Aug 2010, 05:14 AM
for this code rad control had already display but control's with is not display exactly. can U help me?
Chris Dumper
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2013, 02:05 AM
Did you get a sol'n? I'm looking for an editor that will work with mcms2002 & css3/html5. Thx  .. Chris
Chris Dumper
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2013, 02:06 AM
Did you get a sol'n? I'm looking for an editor that will work with mcms2002 & css3/html5. Thx  .. Chris
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 10 Apr 2013, 12:50 PM
Hello,

RadEditor for MCMS 2002 is based on RadEditor Classic, the latest build of which is released in 2009. Since the development of RadEditor Classic is discontinued in that year, it does not offer support for the modern browsers which support CSS3 and HTML5.

The only editor which supports the modern browsers and mobile/touch devices is RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX, but it does not support MCMS, because we discontinued our development for MCMS in 2007.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Chris Dumper
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2013, 05:42 PM
Hi Rumen. did the last (2009) version of Telerik controls for mcms2002 work in IE8 which was also released in 2009? This'd be HUGE forus if it did. Thanks!!! ... Chris
Chris Dumper
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2013, 05:55 PM
Rumen is there any way of getting the source code for the old RadEditor for mcms2002 so we can modify it to support css3/html5. Thanks ... Chris
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2013, 09:09 AM
Hello,

The latest build of RadEditor for MCMS (Premium) is 7.3.4. It is built on 8/14/2008, which means that it does not support IE8.

Is it possible to add a meta tag in your MCMS pages so that the page is rendered in IE7 mode, this would be much easier than fixing the problem in the source code:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />?

Your company has bought a license for RadControls, so if you would like to obtain the source code of RadEditor for MCMS (RadEditor_PremiumPlaceholder_7_3_4_Source.zip), please, open a support ticket and request it. Note that we do not provide support for MCMS as well as source code modifications.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
duong
Top achievements
Rank 1