This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

play H.264 format files

4 Answers 60 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Henry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Henry asked on 10 Sep 2013, 07:05 PM
Hello Telerik,

It will be nice and powerful to have a radcontrol which can play video files and stream URL's. Such a control is missing in the radcontrols suite. Hope telerik will come up with one such control like the one available for SL suite. I have a requirement to play some tutorial H.264 video files from project folder.

Henry

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Sep 2013, 03:07 AM
Hi Henry,

Telerik is planning to introduce a RadMediaPlayer control with the Q3 2013 release of Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX which will be available in the middle of October 2013. The control will be capable to play video/audio and supports HTML5 media formats and offer tight integration with media providers, such as YouTube. The control will also feature a toolbar with Play, Stop, Pause and full screen mode commands, timeline slider with buffer indicator allowing users to navigate the video. A social share option will also be available.

Hope this helps,
Shinu.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2013, 06:54 AM
Hi,

Indeed, we are working on a new media player control. You can find a list with features planned for the first version in the RoadMap page of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

If you have any specific suggestions and feature requests about the future versions of the control, we will be glad to see them posted in the Ideas and Feedback portal.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Henry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2013, 08:43 AM
Hi shinu, rumen.

I am unable to update to the latest version having the mediaplayer using telerik control panel. Its not listing the update. Seems like I am running the latest version which is not actually the one I have.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Oct 2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Henry,

The 2013.2.717 version is a beta release and not an official one. The official Q3 2013 release is coming later in October but the registered beta build is available for download under the Q2 2013 SP1 (ver 2013.2 717) downloads section under your accounts page.

Hope this helps,
Shinu.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Henry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2