This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Pie chart

1 Answer 61 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amir
Top achievements
Rank 1
Amir asked on 07 Jan 2009, 08:16 PM
been working with your charts for a bit now, i have to say its very rigid to work with

i cant figure out how to display what each color in a pie chart corresponds to?

can someone please help me

http://www.scottgu.com/blogposts/chart/step2.png, look at the pie charts, i am trying to accomplish the same effect, as to show what each color corresponds to

the only reason i am suggesting Telerik for our company wide use, is because it actually works under web gardeners, but i have to say your framework isnot too smooth to work with

where can i find more help

Anyone can help me with this ?

Thanks,
Amir

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2009, 08:41 AM
Hello Amir,

I believe, you have already found our online help. After expanding Controls -> RadChart -> Understanding RadChart elements you will find the Legend Display Mode help topic, where you will find a detailed information about how to configure a series, so that there is a legend item for each series item. You can find such chart in this online example.

Note, that the Name property of each ChartSeriesItem will be displayed in the legend, so customizing this property, you can actually customize the text shown in the legend. You can wire ItemDataBound event, to acceess every single ChartSeriesItem, this approach is shown in this blog post.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Ves
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Amir
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ves
Telerik team
Share this question
or