This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Pasting from Word

2 Answers 82 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shane asked on 22 Oct 2008, 05:48 PM
When I paste from Word, with option MSWordRemoveAll, I still get the below markup.  Is there a way to remove this stuff?  I'm saving from the client using the get_html(true) method.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cd3p339%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cd3p339%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cd3p339%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility>

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2008, 02:21 PM
Hi Shane,

Do you experience this problem in Firefox 3 only? The problem is due to that Firefox 3.0 is presenting itself to MS Word as a XML client and the content pasted in the editor has new format different compared to the content supplied to the editor in Firefox 2.0. That is why the regular expressions used by the editor's Paste From Word filters are not stripping the new MS Word XML formatting and the xml tags are not stripped.

We are working on this problem and we will do our best to fix it for the Q3 release.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2008, 04:15 PM
Yes, I'm seeing this in Firefox 3.  In IE7 it works correctly.  Thanks for letting me know the status.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1