This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multi-column menu

2 Answers 83 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Samantha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Samantha asked on 11 Jan 2009, 05:04 PM
How can I recreate this example (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/Menu/Examples/MultiColumnMenu/DefaultCS.aspx) while using a sitemap datasource?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Farhan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2009, 08:22 PM
I bought the RadMenu with exactly this in mind!!  I've been looking through support areas all night and haven't found any "yes's."  In another forum Telerik said this was not possible, however.  I know the CSSAdapter for ASP.NET has something similar in VB where you can create a menu that creates the appropriate ul and li tags -- but, not in the mult-column format we're looking for -- only in one straight column.  I hope someone can help out with this, because writing out all the items is going to take me forever and I won't have a single area to update...it means I have to update the sitemap as well for my breadcrumbs and Quick Links.  There has to be a way to create a multi-column menu similar to the demo with the sitemap as the datasource.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2009, 07:22 AM
Hi Farhan Jadavji,

The example that we provide relies on the ItemTemplate of the menu and static content (links). This cannot be achieved when binding to SiteMapDataSource unless lots of code is written to create static content out of child menu items. Basically it would be just the same as creating the menu from entirely from code.

Greetings,
Albert
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Samantha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Farhan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team