This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

mobile listview (angularjs) scroller

4 Answers 119 Views
Integration with other JS libraries
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tim asked on 04 Nov 2014, 11:07 PM
Does the mobile listview directive support endlessScroll and pullToRefresh?  I'm attempting to use a DataSource to execute a filtered odata query to retrieve the items for the list view and I am setting the pageSize, serverPaging, serverSorting, serverFiltering, filter, and sort properties on the DataSource.  I am also setting k-endless-scroll="true" and k-pull-to-refresh="true".

The listview loads the first paged set when I don't try to implement endlessScroll or pullToRefresh.  However, when I add k-pull-to-refresh="true" the message "Cannot read property 'setOptions' of undefined" is logged in the console.  When I add k-endless-scroll="true" the message "Cannot read property 'makeVirtual' of undefined" is logged in the console.  When debugging both errors scroller is undefined.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2014, 02:45 PM
I apologize for the dual post.  I received an error and didn't think the first post went through.  Didn't see a way to delete the other post either...  Please post any responses to this one as it is more descriptive of the issue.  Thanks.
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2014, 12:28 PM
Hello Tim,

The issue you experience is a known one, which is logged in our repo - a workaround is suggested in the comments, too.

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Dec 2014, 05:28 PM
Thank you for replying.  The workaround in the comments has worked up until now.

After upgrading to the Q3 2014 release of KendoUI the work around no longer works correct.  There are no errors logged to console but the data in the list is not rendered.  You can see here dojo.telerik.com/AXET/6.  All I did was point to the latest script and style files.  Any idea how to resolve this with the latest release?

Thanks,

Tim
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Dec 2014, 03:08 PM
So, I figured out that to get everything to play well with infinite scrolling and pull to refresh using the Q3 2014 release the correct way to do it is to use a mobile view and remove the mobile scroller element.  If you are doing that it requires use of AngularJS 1.3 or newer.  A move I was hoping I could avoid because I wasn't sure of the repercussions.  Here is the fixed version dojo.telerik.com/AXET/9.

I'm still having some issues but they seem to be around using angularjs 1.3 and angular-ui-router to handle the drill-in routes when tapping a list item to view the full details.  I'm prototyping a small application to pinpoint the issue and determine how to resolve it.  I'll follow up if I run into any issues that trip me up if I think they relate to the KendoUI framework in some way.
Tags
Integration with other JS libraries
Asked by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petyo
Telerik team