This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues with Telerik Install with VS 2008 and 2010

1 Answer 61 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rusty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rusty asked on 02 Feb 2012, 02:55 PM
I have inherited a project that uses the Telerik controls.  While waiting on my license to come in, I went out and downloaded and installed the trial version.  Once the developer version was bought, I didn't see any instructions so I just installed the developer version.  I had issues so I finally uninstalled the both and reinstalled the professional version.
Here is what is happening The first time I try to put a control on the page after starting up VS 2010, it tells me there is already a version of the dll in the bin folder.  I say I don't want to do anything.  Then when I try to go in design mode, I see an error that looks like the is a dll version issue between the toolbox and the dll in the bnn and I can't go in design mode. If I answer yes, It looks like it overwrites the dll in the bin folder and then I get error messages saying that it can't find the sunset skin. It doesn't go away until I overwrite the bin directory with the update files.  Can someone tell me what is going wrong here?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

My first suggestion is to use the Upgrade wizard to upgrade your project from the trial version to the licensed one. You can launch the wizard from the Telerik menu in Visual Studio. After the upgrade I recommend you to rebuild your project.

If you still experience design-time problems then you can review our troubleshooting article - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-design-time-troubleshooting.html

I hope this helps you.

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Rusty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Share this question
or