This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is there a way we can decouple Telerik from integrating from Visual Studio 2010?

7 Answers 63 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Deepak Vasudevan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Deepak Vasudevan asked on 27 Jul 2011, 05:44 PM
Dear Telerik Team,

This is an offshoot of this discussion (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions/how-to-disable-the-rad-update-prompt-in-visual-studio.aspx)

Is there a way we can decouple Telerik from integrating from Visual Studio 2010?

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak Vasudevan

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 11:29 AM
Hello Deepak,

This can be done if you uninstall our AJAX Visual Studio Extensions using the VS Extension Manager. However, for what purpose you would like to do that since they facilitate your development? Let us know.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Deepak Vasudevan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 02:29 PM
Dear Telerik Team,

I don't think it is optimized. It takes a lot of memory and slows down the computer. The computer is Windows Server 2008 R2 with 8 GB memory but even then it takes a lot of memory and is making Visual Studio sluggish.
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 12:07 PM
Hello Deepak,

Could you please tell us what tools do you use for memory consumption and performance analysis?

Greetings,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Deepak Vasudevan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 01:37 PM
For my applications I use Ants Memory Profiler.
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 02:31 PM
Hello Deepak Vasudevan,

And do you use the Ants memory profiler to detect the memory footpring of the VSExtensions too?

All the best,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Deepak Vasudevan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 02:48 PM
Not for VS products. But Task Manager reveals high memory consumption when I use Telerik Extensions. I have uninstalled all Telerik and cleared the debris from my system yesterday. Today my Visual Studio is responding fine.

I seriously doubt a strong memory leakage in Telerik-Visual Studio Extension. Let me know if you would need more info to troubleshoot.
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 03:00 PM
Hello Deepak,

Yes, pelase, thanks a lot for your help!

Can you share all the Telerik products you had installed yesterday, which VSExtensions you removed? That'll help us spot the right places to check quicker. 

Best wishes,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Deepak Vasudevan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Deepak Vasudevan
Top achievements
Rank 2