This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is everything ok to use with VS 2013?

5 Answers 69 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
danparker276
Top achievements
Rank 2
danparker276 asked on 17 Oct 2013, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, but is everything ok to install with 2013?  The telerik control panel only seemed to have support for 2012.  I'm using a little bit older dlls from q1 because we don't want to upgrade yet.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Noel Willis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2013, 11:06 PM

Personally I use VS2012 to do anything with the control panel (once in a while when I want to update the controls or change some settings), but just do the main development work in VS2013 - since the project files are 100% compatible between the two it is not too onerous.

The toolbox items work fine in VS2013 so for me it only is the Telerik add-in and templates that don't support VS2013.

My major gripe is that the Telerik control do have issues with running with .NET 4.51 framework projects

danparker276
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Oct 2013, 01:18 AM
I think I actually need the new Q3 Dlls though.  It's about time I renewed anyway.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2013, 11:41 AM
Hello,

The Q3 2013 release of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX is VS 2013 ready and the controls in it are registered when installed in the toolbox. If you experience any problems under this IDE, don’t hesitate to report them. You can also see what are the new stuff in the release in this blog post: Media and cloud capabilities with the Q3 2013 release of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2014, 01:28 PM
Hi, Noel,

What kind of issues are you experiencing? We are planning to upgrade to .Net 4.51.

Thanks!
Rich
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2014, 03:24 PM
Hello Rich,

Using the latest available version of the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX suite you should be able to use the VS 2013 and .NET 4.51.

If you encounter any possible problems related to this matter, do not hesitate contacting us in a proper support thread with additional details and information, so that we could assist you further.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
danparker276
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Noel Willis
Top achievements
Rank 1
danparker276
Top achievements