This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

incorrect installation of RadFormDecorator FREE for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2010

1 Answer 21 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Erika
Top achievements
Rank 1
Erika asked on 16 Feb 2011, 03:29 PM

I installed RadFormDecorator FREE for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2010 on a Win 7 x64 machine. The installation got stuck after I received this error message
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadFormDecorator FREE for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2010\ToolBoxInstaller_log.txt' is denied.
I had to reboot after it remained stuck overnight. Nevertheless, the product appears as though it has been installed. RadFormDecorator shows in my Start menu and the dlls are in my project Bin folder.

I am now trying to uninstall it but the un-installation is failing with the very same error:
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadFormDecorator FREE for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2010\ToolBoxInstaller_log.txt' is denied.  The file was never written anyway.

Please help! How can I uninstall this? Is there a way to force the uninstallation?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2011, 03:51 PM
Hi Erika,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing such difficulties.

You could try disabling User Account Control in case you are using Windows 7 or Vista. If that does not help you could try re-running the original installation package and performing an uninstall.

Please, let me know if that helps.

Best wishes,
Andrey
the Telerik team
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
Erika
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey