This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

how to

1 Answer 36 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
c
Top achievements
Rank 1
c asked on 13 Nov 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi All

I have Radgrid setup to allow the user to drag columns into the header for group by.

The problem is some of  my groupable columns use the dropdownlist and when I group by them I see the stored value in the group by header (eg ID) rather than the display value.

How do I get round this?

thx

: )

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2008, 01:58 PM
Hello,

In most scenarios GridDropDownColumn ListTextField property is not part of the grid data source. For example if you have grid bound to Orders and a GridDropDownColumn with ListValueField set to "CustomerID" you will use  probably "CompanyName" for ListTextField property to display a bit more friendly info for the user. In this case since "CompanyName" is not part of Orders table you will not able to group by this however if you include an additional (computed) field in your query to return "CompanyName" as part of Order table you will be able to group on this column. Another possible approach is to retrieve values on the fly using ItemDataBound event and modify directly GridGroupHeaderItem similar to this example:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdcustomizegridgroupheaderitem.html

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
c
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Share this question
or