This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How do I clear a RadMaskedTextBox

7 Answers 396 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Derek asked on 29 Apr 2008, 07:39 PM
Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to clear a RadMaskedTextBox on the client side.  Although the Clear() method is not listed in the documentation, it does work on the masked textbox.  See below:

function RemovePhone(which)  
{  
   var radInput = window["<%= phoneRadMaskedTextBox0.ClientID %>"];  
   radInput.Clear();  

However, i'm looking for a way to pass in the element id "which" and clear only that text box:

function RemovePhone(which)  
{  
   var radInput = document.getElementById("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder2_phoneRadMaskedTextBox" + which);  
   radInput.Clear(); // doesn't work  
   radInput.text = ''; // doesn't work  
   radInput.value = ''; // doesn't work  

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2008, 07:06 AM
Hi Derek,

You need the masked text box client object in order to call its client-side functions. The client object can be obtained through the window["id"]. The second syntax will bring the DOM element to you, which is not supposed to have any client-side functions.

All the best,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks for your response :)
Revital Keren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2008, 01:39 PM
Hi, I am having a similar problem - only I need to clear RadMaskedTextBox on the server side.
I have a range of numerics defined, so that my mask is a 7 digit text (each letter can be 0-9), so that when the control loads for the first time it looks like this 0000000 (kind of a default value).
is there a way for me to reset it beck to this default in a generic way ?

thanx,
Revital
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2008, 11:05 AM
Hello Revital,

You can clear the MaskedTextBox value server-side by setting its Text to empty string (""). I have attached a sample which illustrates that.

All the best,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Revital Keren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Konstantin ,
Thnak u for your reply, but I have already tried that and it doesn't work because , as I said before, I have the following mask defined : "<0..9><0..9><0..9><0..9><0..9><0..9><0..9>", which loads with the default Text of "0000000".
My question is if there's a way in which I can "clear" the Text value back to the default Text it loads with.

Thanks again,
Revital
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi Revital,

Is there a reason why you can't just set the text to the default value ("0000000") when you want to "clear" the current masked input value?

Let us know if I'm missing something out.

Regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Revital Keren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2008, 07:17 AM
I wanted to  use a generic way to clear all RadMaskedTextBox's to the initial Text value from design time.
In your solution I have to hard code the value for each instance of the control with no way of doing it generically...
Tags
Input
Asked by
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1