I've run into an odd issue with Firefox and RadInput, all types, and I'd like to see if anyone else has encountered anything like it.
- Click on a RadInput box.
- The text highlights (we have ours set to SelectAll) and de-formats (changing $20,000.00 to 20000), all as it should.
- Click elsewhere.
- The text remains selected and the formatting is NOT reapplied!
- Click on the same RadInput box again.
- This time, the text completely vanishes.
You can repeat this process with all other RadInputs on the page. Here are some other interesting tidbits.
- If you try to type something into the RadInput, formatting rules are applied - you can't type letters in a numeric textbox, etc.
- If you visit ANY OTHER PAGE with a RadInput field on the page, those RadInputs start behaving in the same way! This includes going to Telerik's demos!
We have replicated this bug with several different computers, one with a completely fresh version of Firefox. We have not
been able to replicate the site that causes the bug in a simpler format. I have no idea where to start looking for the cause of such disturbing and strange behavior. Telerik seems pretty stumped too, though I still hold hope that they'll figure it out. So, I'm posting here in the hopes that someone else has some idea what might be happening.
I've searched the Firefox bug repository to no avail, but I am fairly confident that this is some weird twist of our code plus Telerik's plus a Firefox bug. I have not been able to recreate the issue on any other browser.
So! Have you seen this bug? Have you fixed it? Any ideas where I should start looking?