This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Features of SP2010 SAK

2 Answers 63 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alex asked on 03 Jul 2011, 11:17 AM
Hi. A few questions about the Sharepoint Acceleration Kit:
  • In the regular editor available in Sharepoint 2010, when we choose to insert an image in a page, there's no easy way to choose an image from the "Site Assets"; we have to upload the image every time from our computer or copy/paste the image URL. Does the SAK tool provide an easy way to choose an image from the Site Assets (or other library)?
  • I've read that the CTP will move to a final release later this year. Is that true?
Thank you :)

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2011, 03:54 PM
Hi Alex ,

Straight to the questions:
1) Yes, the available options are to manually upload an image from the local disk and insert it via the Image manager or directly copy / paste the image URL. It is not possible to directly copy and paste an image from the client's machine because of the browser security limitations.
2) The release date for the CTP is not yet decided and I cannot provide the requested information.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you, Rumen. I've used the Telerik tools back starting with ASP.NET 1.1 and have always been impressed with not only the products but also the amazing support. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to SAK when it's released.

May I suggest a feature? It would be wonderful to have all the ASP.NET AJAX control library available as part of SAK, maybe Version 2.0. The controls can be used within Sharepoint, but to have them as part of SAK will be even better. Thanks :)
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1