This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error in Office2007 skin

5 Answers 121 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stuart Hemming asked on 17 Apr 2009, 11:47 AM
I've just moved my app to Q1 2009 and noticed that the window skin has a slight anomaly.

Have a look at this image and you'll see that there is something odd along the bottom centre of this window, which, if it makes any difference, was opened with Modal=true.

--
Stuart

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2009, 01:21 PM
Hi Stuart Hemming,

I tested the scenario you have reported, but unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the issue as you can see from the attached screenshot.

Please, give us more information, and if possible send us a small running project where the issue can be observed. Also, tell us what your DTD is, which browser are you using, remove your styles to check if this is not inherited global styles, etc. We will be happy to help, but we need more information first. Also, please, make sure you are using the latest version of RadControls - Q1.2009.SP1, because the issue you are reporting was noticed under Opera in the beta version a couple of months ago.

Basically, you can fix this with the following CSS:

.RadWindow td
{
    font-size: 1px !important;
    line-height: 1px !important;
}

Have a great weekend,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Apr 2009, 03:37 PM
> Also, please, make sure you are using the latest version of RadControls - Q1.2009.SP1
Well, I only downloaded it yesterday, so I'm fairly confident that it is.

> Also, tell us what your DTD is,
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

> which browser are you using
FF3.0.8

I'm not seeing this effect in IE8.

--
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Apr 2009, 03:54 PM
Below is the code of a standalone page I've just created that exhibits the same behaviour...
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="dummy.aspx.cs" Inherits="RSD.dummy" %> 

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"
    <title></title
    <style type="text/css">     
      .RadWindow td 
      { 
          font-size: 1px !important; 
          line-height: 1px !important; 
      } 
    </style> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"
    </telerik:RadScriptManager> 

<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock1" runat="server"
      <script type="text/javascript"
        function OpenPopup() { 
          radopen("", "popup"); 
        } 
      </script> 

</telerik:RadScriptBlock> 
    <div> 
      <input id="Button1" type="button" value="Click Me" onclick="OpenPopup();" /> 
    </div> 
    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Skin="Office2007" ShowContentDuringLoad="false"
      <Windows> 
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="popup" runat="server" Behaviors="Close, Move" Left="" Modal="True"  
          ShowContentDuringLoad="false" 
          Skin="Office2007" Top="" KeepInScreenBounds="true" VisibleStatusbar="false" 
          Width="400px" Height="400px" NavigateUrl="about:blank"
        </telerik:RadWindow> 
      </Windows> 
    </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

As you can see, I've included your suggested fix but to no avail.

--
Stuart

Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Apr 2009, 10:14 PM
Further, I'm seeing the same problem on your online demo pages. This page generates the effect seen here.

I'm sorry, but it's not my code, the fact that I may be using the 'wrong' DTD or an older version of the control. It's broken.

Further, the effect doesn't appear to be limited to the Office2007 skin; I tried the Vista and WebBlue skins in the online demo and saw it there too.

--
Stuart
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2009, 07:20 AM
Hi Stuart Hemming,

Thank you for the provided code. As you can see from the screenshots, the issue you have described does not appear neither in our QSF, nor in the sample project with your code. I tested it with FF3.0.8, as you can see on the images. I tried all other skins, and they seem to work ok.

Please, send us a project in which the issue can be observed. Also, try to turn off all FF plugins that you are using, as sometimes they cause problems with the layouts.

Sincerely yours,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2