This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Default2006 Skin in Q2?

10 Answers 128 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Oleg Fridman asked on 24 Jul 2008, 10:48 PM
I just upgraded my project to use Q2 and it started complaining that it could not find a skin called Default2006. I read the release notes and it said it was sticking around.

Please help. Default2006 is the only simple skin left for the RadWindow...

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jul 2008, 10:50 PM
As a side note, I was able to use the skin by dropping the files from the Skins folder into my project, linking the css, and disabling EnableEmbeddedSkins.

However, I would still like to know why this skin is not embedded (makes for easier deployment).
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2008, 11:11 AM
Hello Oleg,

Yes, this is a problem we discovered shortly after releasing Q2 - it will be fixed in the first service pack and the skin will be embedded again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Esk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Jul 2008, 02:30 PM
when do you plan to release sp1?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2008, 06:10 AM
Hi Esk,

It will be some time in August, but currently there is no date set.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
rdochert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jul 2008, 04:21 PM
shouldnt there be a hotfix for this? its a very serious issue. having upgraded my dev machine i cant get many pages to work because of the missing skin. is there any workaround other than having to recode each page?

thanks,
rob
Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jul 2008, 05:41 PM
Rob,

There certainly is. Like I said, I have it running fine w/o it being embedded.

To get it running, do the following:
  1. Download the Manual Installation for this version of RadControls and extract it to your desktop
  2. Create a folder called Skins in your solution
  3. Copy the Window folder from Default2006 directory of the extracted files to your Skins directory
  4. Copy Window.Default2006.css from Default2006 directory of the extracted files to your Skins directory
  5. Add a link to the new CSS to your <head> tag:
    • <

link href="/Skins/Default2006/Window.Default2006.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

6. On all of your <rad:RadWindow tags, add EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"
    • This could also be accomplished solution-wide by using a skin (App Theme)

I hope that helps.

- Oleg Fridman

Ozzie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Aug 2008, 12:01 AM
We just rolled back to the previous release. I'm sorry but this isn't a wait for a service pack change this is a major breaking bugs and should be fixed immediately.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Aug 2008, 10:12 AM
Hello Scott,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you want we can send you a custom build where the skin is included - just open a support ticket and put a link to this thread as a reference.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Rasmus Lindgren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2008, 02:29 PM
I have to agree, this is a major thing.

We work with SharePoint and cannot "just drag and drop another stylesheet into an folder". Everything we do are wrapped up in solutions and features (SharePoint terms) and we don't manually access a directory structure.

I've spent a couple of hours today changing to the "default" skin (instead of the "Default2006") because we're gonna present it to our content providers.

Problem is that the new "Default" skin is rather dark and dominating and not quite our favorite.

Please hurry on with the SP (promised in this month?!?!?) or a hotfix.

Cheers
Rasmus
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2008, 02:31 PM
Hello Rasmus,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. The Service Pack will appear next week.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Tags
Window
Asked by
Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team