This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

custom skins from pre 2009 release

4 Answers 85 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Morten asked on 29 Mar 2009, 02:30 PM
I have a few projects using custom skins for RadMenu. All these projects use a Telerik.Web.UI.dll version earlier than the Q1'09 version.
I've tried to upgrade the projects to the Q1'09 version, but it looks awful.

Has the skin tutorial (Tutorial: Creating A Custom Skin (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/menu_appearancecreatingacustomskin.html)) been upgraded to the Q1'09 version?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 02:21 PM
Hello Morten,

The tutorial should be fine (without any updates), since the RadMenu has nearly no rendering changes (except the CSS class of the RTL and context menu). The problem is caused by some radical changes that we made in the base stylesheet of the control. However, we have promised to migrate any custom skins that were broken by the Q1 release... so feel free to open a support ticket and send them right away!

Best wishes,
Alex
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
LEWINA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2009, 04:20 PM
Hi Alex,

I am also in the same situation as the above post.  I'm just wondering what the turn around time would be to have the migration done.

Thanks,

Mauro
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 23 Apr 2009, 06:19 PM
I handed my stylesheet over and the migration time was almost instantaneous (as Telerik support most often is)

Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2009, 06:39 AM
@Lewina: It depends on your custom skin - mainly, how many controls it styles. Usually, we try to keep the response time as with regular tickets, and notify you if it would take longer (and, of course, provide ETA).

@Morten: Thank you, we are always trying to do our best.

Kind regards,
Alex
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team