This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot install RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q2 2008. Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.

5 Answers 153 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Irsal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Irsal asked on 10 Sep 2008, 07:04 PM
I have been trying to install the trail version of this product for a couple of days now and no matter how many times I downloaded it, I keep getting the same error message.

For your information, I am running on windows xp pro sp 3 and visual studio 2008 SP1. I have also tried some of the suggestions from the knowledge based articles for older installation versions to no avail.

Please assist. Thank you,

-Irsal

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2008, 07:01 AM
Hello Irsal,

Could you please try to temporary disable your antivirus solution prior to downloading/installing our RadControls suite. We are aware of some issues caused by such a software.

Alternatively you should try to download from another source like ComponentSource for instance.
Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX - Downloads

Regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Filip von Reiche
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi,

I have restarted my machine, disabled my anti-virus, and tried to install ASP.NET AJAX 2008.2 and ASP.NET Q2 2008, both of which fail with a Data1.cab file is corrupt message.

I have sucessfully installed the last 3 versions of RadControls without needing to disable my anti-virus. I am a licenced user.

Please provide me with a solution, so that I can install the tools?

Regards,

Filip
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 13 Oct 2008, 11:37 AM
Hello Filip,

It sounds like you may have gotten a corrupted download. I do not think that the problem is related to the Visual Studio installations on your machine.

In order to avoid further download problems I would suggest using a download manager (FlashGet, GetRight, or another) to download the files. Please note that you have to be logged in your Client.net account for the download to start.

In addition, you may take a look at our KB article (ID#832) Error 1335: file 'Data1.cab' is missing or corrupted during installation of Telerik Products for useful tips on the matter.

I hope this will help you get over this problem.

Best wishes,
Paul
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
realweb
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Oct 2008, 05:46 AM
I think it's because you download from browser directly...
I have similar situation to install radcontrols...
I solved this problem with using downloader program for downloading
radcontrols, now I'm using radcontrols very well.
I hope it's helpful information for you...
Filip von Reiche
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Oct 2008, 09:23 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I do however always use a download manager (Free Download Manager), and still had trouble. A colleague tried and successfully installed though, so I will either try a manual install, or try his install.

Thanks.

Regards,

Filip
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Irsal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daniel
Telerik team