This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't select 1st Aug 2014

9 Answers 39 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
Modern asked on 17 Sep 2014, 01:46 PM
Dears,
I have an issue using radDatePicker on chrome, as when I select 1st Aug 2014, it sets the selected date to 1st Sep 2014 ?
to reproduce go to
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/calendar/examples/datepicker/custompopup/defaultcs.aspx
and try to select 1/Aug/2014

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2014, 01:48 PM
Please note that my google chrome version is up to date (37.0.2062.120 m)
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2014, 07:47 AM
Hello,

I have tested the online demo that you are referring to, but I was unable to replicate the issue that you have described.

Could you please ensure that you are not clicking on the next month days, which are with lighter color in the currently selected month view. Those lighter dates are from the next or from the previous month. 

If the above is not the case, could you please record a video demonstrating the issue and provide some details on your local settings (culture, etc.).

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Konstantin,
I am sure that I am selecting the 1st of Aug, Please check video here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rULF2sIZsNYm5XNVVrMjQxaWs/edit?usp=sharing

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2014, 02:36 PM
Hello,

Thank you for providing a video. 

Nevertheless, after further testing in different browsers and on different machines, I was still not able to replicate such error on my end. I am attaching a video with the local test (tested in Chrome version 37.0.2062.120 m.)

Could you please elaborate what your local Culture settings, because this is the only thing that I could think of as a probable cause. Additionally, can you elaborate if the issue is observed in all browsers or just in Chrome.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2014, 09:35 AM
Hi Konstantin,
It's working fine on firefox and IE, and the problem still occurs on chrome even when I changed the culture and location from USA to  Egypt.
Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2014, 09:42 AM
Please note that I have tested it on chrome on different PCs, and got the same problem
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2014, 08:23 AM
Hi again,

Since this seems to be specific to the local culture selected on user's machine, can you please provide the exact local settings that you have when this issue is replicated - The Location and Format specified in the "Region and Language".

I am sure you understand that in order for us to be able to even start to investigate this issue we need to replicate the problem locally, so we could isolate the root of the problem.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Sep 2014, 02:17 PM
The time-zone: Cairo
Format: English (United States)
Current Location: United States
Display Language: English
Default Input Language: English (United States) - US
Current language for non-unicode programs: Arabic (Egypt)

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2014, 06:04 AM
Hello,

Although I was not able to replicate the issue with your current settings, we have encountered similar issue with another culture.

Our developers have came up with a fix for that specific issue, which is already included in Q3 2014 Beta (Version: 2014.3.1002).

Can you please test with that version and see if the issue could be replicates with it.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team