This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug - 404 error when file has special symbols

4 Answers 40 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Najid Hanif
Top achievements
Rank 2
Najid Hanif asked on 27 Feb 2013, 07:45 PM
See screen shot of the error on your demo. Example is a file with ++  escaped (Notepad++.jpg)

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
MasterChiefMasterChef
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 08:02 PM
I replicated this issue. Files containing + symbol would not load correctly. Removing the symbol fixes the issue. there must be something wrong with how the fileExplorer reads over the + symbol. I tried with dozens of other symbols in the file name, but the only issue I could find was with the + . 
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2013, 07:56 PM
Hi Andy,

Thank you for bringing this issue to us - I can confirm that this is a bug in the demo. We have logged it internally and will do our best to have it fixed for the next up-coming release.

As a small token of gratitude I have updated your Telerik points accordingly.

Regards,
Vesi
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Najid Hanif
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 May 2015, 03:23 PM

This is still an issue. Is it being fixed or do I need to submit a bug request? One of my users ran into it again.

If the control can't handle certain chars it should not upload in the first place. Its just a bad end user experience when it happens.

Thanks

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2015, 04:33 PM
Hi Andy,

We reviewed the reported demo as promised but decided not to modify it as it is related to general limitation connected with the fact that the plus sign is reserved as shorthand notation for a space
within the query string. You can find detailed information about them here: W3C Recommendations.

We researched all character sets that might cause issue when they are passed through the URL and desribed the problematic scenarios here, so the developer can choose whether and/or how to handle them:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/fileexplorer-troubleshooting-restricted-symbols.html

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Najid Hanif
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
MasterChiefMasterChef
Top achievements
Rank 2
Vessy
Telerik team