Telerik Forums
UI for Blazor Forum
3 answers
1.0K+ views

Hi

I need to use a modal window with a grid inside that

But I need to show a modal window on error when I edit items on grid

Modal on Modal not work: the second window is not visible.

Any solution ?

Tnx

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2020
1 answer
245 views
I would like to allow the user to add columns at runtime and inline edit the column header text. Is this possible?
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2020
5 answers
1.3K+ views

In the example at the bottom of https://docs.telerik.com/blazor-ui/components/autocomplete/events, 

How would I get the id of the selected car in the Change event? Seems like all I get is the string value.

Thanks … Ed

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2020
1 answer
1.4K+ views

How do I integrate Authentication/Authorization with the TelerikMenu for Blazor?  I don't see any options.

I'd like to allow on certain menu items based on user authentication.  Like this:

 

        <AuthorizeView>
            <Authorized>
                <NavLink class="list-group-item list-group-item-action bg-light"
                         href="/" Match="NavLinkMatch.All">
                    <span class="oi oi-home" aria-hidden="true"></span> Home
                </NavLink>
                <NavLink class="list-group-item list-group-item-action bg-light"
                         href="/employeeoverview">
                    <span class="oi oi-list-rich" aria-hidden="true"></span> Employees
                </NavLink>
                <NavLink class="list-group-item list-group-item-action bg-light"
                         href="/employeeedit">
                    <span class="oi oi-list-rich" aria-hidden="true"></span> Add new employee
                </NavLink>
                <NavLink class="list-group-item list-group-item-action bg-light"
                         href="Logout">
                    <span class="oi oi-list-rich" aria-hidden="true"></span> Log out 
                    (@context.User.Claims.FirstOrDefault(c => c.Type
                    == "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/name")?.Value)
                </NavLink>
            </Authorized>
            <NotAuthorized>
                <NavLink class="list-group-item list-group-item-action bg-light"
                         href="Login">
                    <span class="oi oi-list-rich" aria-hidden="true"></span> Log in
                </NavLink>
            </NotAuthorized>
        </AuthorizeView>

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2020
7 answers
2.7K+ views

Marin:

I'm able to size the grid based on the Viewport height, but having done that I want to set the Grid PageSize property so that the number of rows per page roughly consumes the available vertical space-- in other words I'm trying to avoid the vertical scroll bars appearing on the grid because it's displaying more rows than will fit in visible grid height.  Presumably something like GridHeight / GridRowHeight would equal the optimal PageSize, but my experiments trying to get the RowHeight didn't work.  Can you provide an example of how to do it? 

BONUS Question:  How can I embed line returns in a string that will be displayed as a line break in the grid? ('\n' doesn't work for me)

 

<div style="margin: 0;padding: 0;border-width: 0; height: 95vh;">
 
    <TelerikGrid Data="@MyData" Height="100%"
                 Pageable="true"
                 Resizable="true">
        <GridColumns>
            <GridColumn Field="@(nameof(SampleData.Id))" Width="120px" />
            <GridColumn Field="@(nameof(SampleData.Name))" Title="Employee Name" Groupable="false" />
            <GridColumn Field="@(nameof(SampleData.Team))" Title="Team" />
            <GridColumn Field="@(nameof(SampleData.HireDate))" Title="Hire Date" />
        </GridColumns>
    </TelerikGrid>
</div>
 
@code {
 
    public IEnumerable<SampleData> MyData = Enumerable.Range(1, 200).Select(x => new SampleData
    {
        Id = x,
        Name = "Name " + x + "\nNext Line",
        Team = "team " + x % 5,
        HireDate = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-x).Date
    });
 
    public class SampleData
    {
        public int Id { get; set; }
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public string Team { get; set; }
        public DateTime HireDate { get; set; }
    }
}

 

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2020
3 answers
1.8K+ views

Hi, I have a question regarding the handling of UTC DateTime values in the Grid and DateTime Picker components.

In our C# code and database, all date and time data is in UTC. Is it currently possible to:

  • Have UTC DateTime values displayed in the Telerik Grid according to the the user's local culture?
  • Have values selected by the user via DateTime Picker be converted to UTC?

Two examples:

  • A Grid column binded to a UTC DateTime value 2020/20/04 15:00 will display as 20/04/2020 16:00 for users in the UK
  • If 16:00 is selected in the DateTime Picker by a UK user during daylight saving time, 15:00 is the time that is actually stored

Thanks in advance!

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2020
1 answer
3.2K+ views
I have a child component that I would like to access from parent so i put @ref="myChild", when this control is inside a tab strip, the reference to myChild is always null, however if i move the component outside of tabstrip then everthing works as expected.  I am using 2.10 trial
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2020
2 answers
1.1K+ views

Hi

I've put the grid inside a modal window

All works but I cannot get the ref to the grid: I get null.

Is it correct ?

I need to put a filter by code when I show the window modal with grid

tnx

Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2020
2 answers
477 views

I use a MVVM approach to populate the Grid. The rows are actually viewmodels keeping state. They have no parameterless constructor, they are created by factory methos using injected services. The Grid creates the item before assigning it to the event args passed to the handler method. 

In my case "No parameterless constructor defined for type '...' is thrown. How can I have control on the creation of my row models?

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2020
5 answers
490 views

After upgrade to 2.10.0, the ComboBox control with OnRead event, I get the error:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: System.ArgumentException: There is no event handler associated with this event. EventId: '38'. (the number differs between errors)
The page "blinks" and the control fills with an empty Guid (SelectedPersonId type)
The post to the server is performed correctly
This worked with 2.9.0

js:
<script src="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/blazor/2.10.0/telerik-blazor.min.js" defer></script>

razor:
<TelerikComboBox Data="PersonSearchResult"
OnRead="@SearchPersons"
Filterable="true"
TextField="FullName"
ValueField="Id"
@bind-Value="SelectedPersonId"
Width="400px">
</TelerikComboBox>

and cs:

private async Task SearchPersons(ComboBoxReadEventArgs args)
{
if (args.Request.Filters.Count > 0)
{
var filter = args.Request.Filters[0] as FilterDescriptor;
var search = filter.Value.ToString();
if (search.Length >= 2)
{
PersonSearchResult = await Post<List<PersonModel>>("api/person/person-search", search, true);
}
}
}

Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?