Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
157 views
Hi, when i used the standard asp.net dropdown control , i was able to bind a datasource to it , and also add one more item at the top of the list manually which says "choose company" , so user must select one company from the list in order to pass the validation.

I don't see i can do that with the combobox.
it always shows the list it got from the datasource and the first company is chosen by default. so no required validation  error can occur.
how can i implement the same as i did with the dropdown control?
Ronen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
2 answers
119 views
i'm using a  tab strip to show each different page in a seperate tab.
when the tabstrip loads, u see nothing in the first selected tab.
to see it , i click the second tab, then i see the second tab, then i click back on the first tab, and then i can see it.
How can i make the first tab appear by default?
Ronen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
6 answers
173 views
We have a website with a radformdecorator set for all pages.

On one of these pages we have a radgrid with editmode set to "popup" and in the formtemplate we have a standard dropdownlist
The RadFormDecorator replaces the item appropriately, however, when you go to select an item the list is shown under the popup and is not selectable. The only work around we've found is to add "Select" to the ControlsToSkip. We'd like to keep the styling though. Is there a fix for this?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
72 views
hi,
i have multiple tabs and load different user control inside each of the tab i need to set the focus inside one tab particularly after a click event to a list box.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
176 views
Hi,

I am using view state compression specified in the below mentioned url. (App_Browsers changes)

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radcompression.html

<browsers>  
 
<browser refID="Default">   
   
<controlAdapters>  
     
<adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.Page" adapterType="Telerik.Web.UI.RadSessionPageStateCompression" />  
   
</controlAdapters>  
 
</browser>  
</browsers>

I have a aspx page which has "EnableSessionState = false" and "EnableViewState = false" set.

In this case, when i open the aspx, it is throwing the error "

SessionPageStatePersister can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive.

"

Please note that I have no code behind file for my aspx page... how do you give this in aspx page?
[RadCompressionSettings(HttpCompression = CompressionType.None)]  
Can I give this page as part of the exception list? Please help.

Regards,
Kishan G K
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

Anytime I drag a RadGrid on any of the aspx pages I am working creates this error in design mode.

RadGrid - RadGrid1System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.1.519.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.1.519.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' at Telerik.Web.Design.RadGridDesigner.GetDesignTimeHtml(DesignerRegionCollection regions) at System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner.GetViewRendering(ControlDesigner designer) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].


Is there any way for me to fix this?

Thanks!
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
5 answers
192 views
I'm trying to implement a listbox with transfer, using templates to render multiple columns in each listbox. If I select multiple items, I get confusing behavior in which part of the text in the top and bottom items, and all of the text in the middle items are selected as if you were going to copy the text to the clipboard. You can see this clearly in the online demo titled "Item Templates" under "Functionality" in the ListBox demos. To see it best, set the skin to Office2007 for high contrast. Select a block of items and you'll see the behavior in the attached image. Is there a way to prevent this?

Steve
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
9 answers
293 views

I would like to have the ability for users to change their desired skin dynamically in my site, along with that, I would like to use specific styles of the selected skin for various items in my app.

Example, if my selected skin is Telerik, I would like to use the RadGrid.rgHeader style on a button or <div> or table cell.  If I chane the skin, my buttons or <div> that are using the RadGrid.rgHeader style would change according to the selected skin.

Can you provide me with some insight on how to achieve this.

RadSkinManager works very nicely for skinning telerik controls, but how do I skin non telerik controls with specific styles from the selected skin.

Thanks in advance.

Roger
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
43 views
Hi,

Based on the thread "RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX: General info" Telerik will not support ASP.Net 4.0 (VS2010)
Am I correct ?

Thanks,
Nagarajan Govindarajan.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
129 views
Hi..
I'm using the WebBlue skin.. but when I set the Itemstyle foreground.. I still get the skin background color.. how can I override it...
I can see the color I set on the 'edges' of the selected column... any ideas? thanks
thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?