Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
119 views
Hi guys,

I know the answer is going to be simple, but I can't find it. <grin>

In DayView, I have many events that I want to show vertically, not horizontally.

I've attached images of what I have now, and what I'm trying to achieve (which is schedulervertical.png). The items don't need to be editable.

Not sure if there's a setting for this or if it is handled in a template but I'm stuck.

Thanks,

Ken
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
123 views
I am currently having an issue using the RadPanelBar i would like it to change the visible of the corresponding div to true without refreshing the whole page. I have it working with a button doing a submit but i can't seem to get it to work correctly using the RadPanelBar. I am sure its just a minor setting but i can't seem to figure it out.

Example: i would like if a user who clicks an item in the radpanelbar to change the visibility of an item WITHOUT refreshing the whole page. 


Example:
I have configured it with three different groups.

Group A
  Click 1
  Click 2
  Click 3


<Div id="one" visible =false>
Test1
</div>

<Div id="two" visible =false>
Test1
</div>


etc...

in the code behind i have the following code:


        Dim item = RadPanelBar1.SelectedItem.Text

        If item = "Click 1" Then
            Me.one.Visible = True
            Me.two.Visible = False

        End If
        If item = "Click 2" Then
            Me.one.Visible = False
            Me.two.Visible = True

        End If

See screen shots to see how i configure the Ajax Manager. PLEASE HELP!!!


Gary

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
82 views
I am currently working on an application which will open tabs dynamically by clicking items inside panelbars. I wish to ignore few items espeicially title/group elements when clicked. When getting ID or Tab Index, I am getting same values for multiple entries. For example inside panel "Admin" bar and its first child is returning same value (0).

Furthermore I wish to add click event to an image added to tab for closing reasons. I dont want to use Tab Template feature for this. Any suggestion. My code is in following shape at present.

protected void RadPanelBar1_ItemClick(object sender, RadPanelBarEventArgs e)
   {
       RadTab NewTab = new RadTab();
       NewTab.Text = e.Item.Text;
       NewTab.ImageUrl = "images/deletecross.gif";
         
       RadTabStrip1.Tabs.Add(NewTab);
       int sel;
       sel = RadTabStrip1.Tabs.Count();
       RadTabStrip1.SelectedIndex = sel - 1;
   }
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
87 views
Hi Experts,

Scenario:
1) Create Self Referencing Hierarchy Grid using Sub Objects.
2) Structure of SubObjects
        ParentObject
                ChildDetailsObject
                RelationObject

        ChildDetailsObject    
                Name
                Details

        RelationObject
                Name
                ParentName
 3) We provide collection of ParentObject as datasource.

Clarification:
   1) Can we provide SubObjects are DataKeyNames in MasterTableView.
        ex: DataKeyNames = "ParentObject.RelationObject.Name, ParentObject.RelationObject.ParentName"
   2) Can we provide SubObjects in ParentKeyName and KeyName in SelfHierarchySettings.
        ex: ParentKeyName = "ParentObject.RelationObject.ParentName"
              KeyName = "ParentObject.RelationObject.Name"
  3) Code snippet or sample application would help to understand this better.

Regards,
Aayam Singh

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
2 answers
152 views
Hi,
I'm trying to load a treeView with about 2400 nodes.
I'm using treeView.LoadXML(myString) or treeView.LoadXMLString(myString), but in both cases it take more than 3 min.

My PC is quite strong with:
Pentium Dual-Core 2.0Ghz
4GMb RAM
64bit Operating System

Expanding nodes in this tree is also a bit slow for the user.

Is there any way to improve those performance, like Rendering On Demand the child nodes or so?

Thanks,
Niv.

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
9 answers
162 views
Hi,

I have a  grid with a master - detail hierachical structure using AutoGenerateHierarchy="true".

The grids display correctly, however, when trying to export to Excel I get the following error...

Column 'OriginalDataItem' does not belong to table Leads.


I have searched the forums but cannot find any reference to this error. 'OriginalDataItem' is not a field in either the master or detail DataTables and I cannot find it as a property of the grid.

-a-



Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
2 answers
52 views
Hello,

I am looking to replicate the skin of the panelbar to a div on my page so that it's look will stay consistent and change to whichever skin is selected by the user.  Is there anyway to apply the skin to the div at all?  I am trying to get it to replicate a root group item.

Thanks,
Ron Montecalvo
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
1.7K+ views
I want to allow only positive numbers in a numeric text box. How do I do this?

Thanks
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
66 views
Hi,

In our asp.net application we are using <object> attribute method for writing our register java object on aspx page.
After loaging this object I tried to open rad window as a child page but it is not showing properly.
It is getting cut the rad window's title bar and border. I have attached that image of it.

I have tried to set z-index of object tag but it did not worked.

 

 

sample code is :
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Testupload.aspx.vb" Inherits="main_Testupload" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    <link href="App_Themes/Office2009/Window.Office2009.css" rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
  
function OpenRadWin()
{
    var page = "Window.aspx";
    var oWnd = $find("RadWindow1"); 
    oWnd.setSize(380,345);//W,H
    oWnd.setUrl(page);
    oWnd.show();
    oWnd.center();
    return false;
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
   <table border="0" cellpadding="0" id="divLoading" style="border-collapse:collapse;" width="100%" height="100%">
                      <tr>
                        <td width="100%" height="300px" align="center" style="border:1px solid; white-space:nowrap;">
                  <div id="appcontainer" style="background-image: url('JavaPreload_silver.gif'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center;width:100%;height:100%;">
                   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
                   <!--
                    var strObject = '<object width="590" height="290" classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"'
                    + ' codebase="references/jinstall-1_5_0_07-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,5,0,7"'
                    + ' id="rup" style="cursor:pointer;"><param name="archive" value="main/dndplus.jar">'
                    + '<param name="code" value="com.radinks.dnd.DNDAppletPlus">'
                    + '<param name="name" value="rup"><param name="max_upload" value="222">'
                    + '<param name="url" value="JavauploadPad.aspx?foldername=&ModelParam=&Culture=en-US%>'
                    + '&crypt=&VCPARAM="><param name="encode_path" value="yes">'
                    + '<param name="message" value="JavauploadPad.aspx?Culture=">'
                    + '<param name="props_file" value="radupload-properties.asp">'
                    + '<param name="browse" value="yes"><param name="mayscript" value="yes"><param name="scriptable" value="true">'
                    + '<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><comment><embed type="application/x-java-applet;version=1.5" \ '
                    + 'code="com.radinks.dnd.DNDAppletPlus" \ archive="../main/dndplus.jar" \ name="rup" \ id="rup" \ width="580" \ '
                    + 'height="280" \ max_upload="222" \ url="JavauploadPad.aspx'
                    + '?foldername=&ModelParam=&crypt=&VCPARAM=" \ encode_path="yes" \ '
                    + 'message="JavauploadPad.aspx?Culture=" \ props_file="radupload-properties.asp" \ '
                    + 'browse="yes" \ mayscript"yes" \ scriptable="true" \ allowScriptAccess="always" \ pluginspage="
                    + '<noembed></noembed></comment></object>';
                   // -->
                   </script>
                   <script type="text/javascript" src="Reuse/WriteObject.js"></script>
                  </div>
                  </td>
                      </tr>
                      <tr>
                        <td>
                            <asp:Button id="btnOpen" runat="server" onClientClick="return OpenRadWin();"  Text="Open radwindow" />
                        </td>
                      </tr>
                    </table>
                   
                    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
   
    <telerik:RadWindowManager  ID="Singleton"
            EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" Skin="Office2009"
            VisibleStatusbar="False" Behavior="Close" 
              runat="server" Behaviors="Close"
            InitialBehavior="None" Left="" 
            style="display: none;" Top="" >
            <Windows>
                <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" VisibleStatusbar="false" Height="420px"
                    Width="575px" Modal="true" runat="server"  >
                </telerik:RadWindow>
            </Windows>
        </telerik:RadWindowManager>
    </form>
</body>
</html>


I have attached the screenshot of radwindow.

Let me know if you have any suggestion.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Jalpesh
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
4 answers
119 views
Hi,
I have strange bug with the VSB:
I try to create custom skin based on the "Sunset" and modifications sent by our web site designer.
The problem is the that when I try to set the RadWindow base color to one of the gray shades (#5e5e5e) the color in the preview switches back to the default (orange) color. I tried the set the color other gray shades or even black with no luck. When I change the rgb values to be slightly different, the window base color changes successfully. The Attached  jpg-es show how to recreate the issue (I've checked it in FF, IE and CH)
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?