Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
104 views
I have some Rad Data Grids in a DataList that I am using to create a variable number of grids on the page.
All these grids are loaded on the client side using page methods that are called in pageLoad method.  This works for the most part, but in certain cases when there are a large number of grids on the page (more than 50 or 60) too much data is returned and the script stops running. 

In order to remedy this, I'm trying to use the OnGridCreated even to load the grid specific data one at a time, instead of loading up all the Grids at once.  Is there a property that I can use as sort of a bag of data accessible on the client side before the rows are bound, so I can store any arguments I need for the client side call?  ClientDataKeys looks promising, but the data might always be dynamic.

What's the recommended way to do this?
Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
150 views
So I have a web app and I have a RadUpload inside of a RadAjaxPanel.  I think I figured out that I need to disable the panel's Ajax when I click on the button to actually upload the files (am I correct with that?).  I do not have the upload in a grid or anything like that.  I have RadMultiPage and I need to have about 6 or 7 different uploads.  Right now when i select any number of files, it says the count is 0.  How do I make it so it sees the file and i'm assuming does the post back? 
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
144 views
Any ideas on how I could do the following?

I have a rad window, I use a button inside the content to close the window. When I click my close button - I pass an argument that lets me control what happens on the parent page.

When I click the control's close button (top right corner, specified as the close behavior) - I don't have the opportunity to pass something back in the arugment, and so my parent page does a postback (which is the default, but what I specifically want to avoid).

I want both close buttons to do the same thing ..

Anyone?

Kori
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
98 views

Hello,
I'm using a RadUpload control.
I have a Panel control that includes RadUpload and it's Submit button (WebControls.Button).
Depends on some conditions I'm playing with visibility of the Panel.
When the panel is visible, I can choose file to upload, then when I press Submit button - UploadedFiles.Count shows 0 files.
I'm using
RadAjaxManager to make my page load different parts of my page smoothly and of cause, I use it for the Panel (described above).

It works fine if I take the Submit button out from the panel and make it always visible, but unfortunately that‘s not the case.

When I’m using RadAjaxManager to “load” the Submit button, it stops read data from RadUpload control.

Can you please help me out and let me know what is the work around this problem???

 

Thanks,

Kevin

Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
99 views
Please find attached file. I am thinking to use Red Scheduler for this. Could you guys please let me know is it possible.

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
100 views
hi

I am not able to get the full window right and i want my panelbar to be expanded when load. is there something that i missed? Thanks
 
<style type="text/css">  
         .style1
        {
            width: 100%;
        }
    html, body, form  
    {  
        height: 100%; 
         padding: 0px;  
        overflow: hidden;  
       
    }  
    </style>
</head>
<body style="margin:0">
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
  <div id="ParentDivElement" style="height: 100%;"> 
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="style1">
        <tr>
            <td>
                <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
                </asp:ScriptManager>
                hello</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>
                  <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1"  runat="server" Height="100%" 
                      Width="100%">
        <telerik:RadPane ID="navigationPane" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="150">
            <telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" Runat="server" 
                ExpandMode="FullExpandedItem" Height="100%" 
                Skin="Office2007">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server"  Text="Application">
                        <Items>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 1">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 2">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 3">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 4">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 5">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 6">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 7">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 8">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 9">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 10">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 11">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 12">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 13">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Child RadPanelItem 14">
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                        </Items>
                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadPanelBar>
        </telerik:RadPane>
        <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitbar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" />
        <telerik:RadPane ID="contentPane" runat="server"  Scrolling="Y">
            <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
            </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
        </telerik:RadPane>
    </telerik:RadSplitter>
  
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>
                 </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
  </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
3 answers
242 views
Hello,

I have followed the example: Creating and adding an appointment template dynamically and accessing the appointment object in the template class.

I have binded a RadScheduler control to an SqlDataSource and am able to display a RoomID in the appointment template but only if RoomID is from the same table as the SqlDataSource (Appointments in this case). However, I would like to display the RoomName value from another table: Rooms. Therefore I have modified the SelectCommand for the data source to perform an inner join on the two tables to obtain the RoomName from Rooms. See below:

SelectCommand="SELECT Appointments.ID, Appointments.Subject, Appointments.Description, Appointments.Start, Appointments.RoomID, Appointments.UserID, Appointments.RecurrenceRule, Appointments.[End], Appointments.Annotations, Appointments.Reminder, Appointments.RecurrenceParentID, Rooms.ID AS Expr1, Rooms.RoomName as rName FROM Appointments INNER JOIN Rooms ON Appointments.RoomID = Rooms.ID"

I am trying to display the value of 'rName' in the same way that the example in the above link displays 'Start', 'End' and 'Subject'. Ie:

<asp:Literal ID="AppointmentLocation" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("rName") %>'></asp:Literal>

When I run the web application, I'm presented with the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

DataBinding: 'Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment' does not contain a property with the name 'rName'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: DataBinding: 'Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment' does not contain a property with the name 'rName'.

Source Error:

Line 30: 
Line 31: <!-- Room Name -->
Line 32: <asp:Literal ID="AppointmentLocation" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("rName") %>'></asp:Literal>
Line 33:
Line 34: </AppointmentTemplate>

Source File: ...\Projects\WebApplication5\WebApplication5\Default.aspx    Line: 32




Please can you advise what I am doing wrong here?

Regards,
Anthony.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
262 views
I have a RadTreeView with Ajax enabled and node ExpandMode set to ServerSideCallBack.

User has the tree displayed and leaves their machine idle. ASP.Net session timeout occurs, but this is not apparent to the user. At some point following timeout, the user clicks on a tree node to expand it. The Ajax "loading" gif appears and they are stuck there with the gif spinning and no response, no redirect, etc.

Fiddler analysis shows a 302 redirect coming back to the browser from the server, but the RadTreeView does not detect it.

So, how do I detect a session timeout / 302 redirect when a RadTreeView node is clicked and the tree attempts to expand the node through server side callback?

If helpful, here's Fiddler capture of the response sent back to the web form that the RadTreeView does not honor:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: ASP.NET Development Server/9.0.0.0
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 23:12:36 GMT
X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
Location: /login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fAdmin%2fBillingGroupAdministration.aspx
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 191
Connection: Close

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="%2flogin.aspx%3fReturnUrl%3d%252fAdmin%252fBillingGroupAdministration.aspx">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
81 views
I get a Javascript error when clicking the spellcheck inside of a radeditor. It says that my spell checker can not be found. I am coding in .Net 3.5 and can't seem to figure out why the spell check throws the following two errors. I am pretty sure that I have a compatible radspell.dll assembly in the bin folder.

Error 1 - GetRadSpell is not defined
Error 2 - Object expected
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
103 views
I'm trying to figure out what the default font is for the Office 2007 skin, so that I can match my labels with the same font.  Can anyone answer this for me??

Thanks!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?