Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
100 views
Hi,

I have FileExplorer with upload enabled on a page with RadWindowManager and some  radWindows defined. RadWindows are opened via client script and radopen:

var oWnd = radopen(url, "WndSelCat");
//etc etc

Whatever I name the windows in the radopen call  it is always used the upload windows of the fileexplorer.

If I set the fileexplorer to Visible="false" the correct behaviour is restored.

think this is little annoying glitch.

Andrea
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
8 answers
185 views
OK.

Could some kind soul please point out the blindingly obvious fact that I'm failing to see.

I have this page ...
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="verticalTabStrip.aspx.cs"
Inherits="verticalTabStrip" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <head id="Head1"
          runat="server">
        <title></title>
<style type="text/css">
.RadToolBar, .rtbOuter, .rtbMiddle, .rtbInner, .rtbUL
{
height: 100%;
}
div.RadToolBar { display: block; }
html, form, body { height: 100%; padding: 0; margin: 0; }
</style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1"
              runat="server">
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ss"
                               runat="server"/>
            <telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock1"
                                    runat="server">
                <script type="text/javascript">
                    function clientLoad(sender, args)
                    {
                        ResizeToolbar();
                        $telerik.$(window).resize(function()
                                                  {
                                                      ResizeToolbar();
                                                  });
                    }
 
                    function ResizeToolbar()
                    {
                        var toolbar = $find("<%= RadToolBar1.ClientID %>");
                        var percents = 100 / toolbar.get_items().get_count();
                        $telerik.$(".rtbItem").css("height", percents + "%");
                    }
                    function ToolBarOnClientMouseOver(oToolBar, args)
                    {
                        var oToolTipManager = $find("<%= RadToolTipManager1.ClientID %>");
                        var elem = args.get_item().get_element();
 
                        //Find the tooltip for this element if it has been created
                        var tooltip = oToolTipManager.getToolTipByElement(elem);
                        //Create a tooltip if no tooltip exists for such element
                        if (!tooltip)
                        {
                            tooltip = oToolTipManager.createToolTip(elem);
                            //Use the fact that the image was named after a country
                            //Extract the country name from the image, and set it as the value to be supplied to the web-service
                            tooltip.set_value(args.get_item().get_value());
                        }
                        tooltip.show();
                    }
                </script>
            </telerik:RadScriptBlock>
                                
            <telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1"
                                runat="server"
                                Orientation="Vertical"
                                OnClientLoad="clientLoad"
                                OnClientMouseOver="ToolBarOnClientMouseOver"
                                Skin="WebBlue"
                                Height="100%"
                                Width="63px">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="button 1"
                                              Value="1"
                                              ImagePosition="AboveText"
                                              ImageUrl="Images/blog-blue.png"
                                              ToolTip="Blah"/>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="button 2"
                                              Value="2"
                                              ImagePosition="AboveText"
                                              ImageUrl="Images/blog-blue.png"/>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="button 3"
                                              Value="3"
                                              ImagePosition="AboveText"
                                              ImageUrl="Images/blog-blue.png"/>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="button 4"
                                              Value="4"
                                              ImagePosition="AboveText"
                                              ImageUrl="Images/blue-document.png"/>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="button 5"
                                              Value="5"
                                              ImagePosition="AboveText"
                                              ImageUrl="Images/blue-folder.png"/>
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadToolBar>
            <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager1"
                                       runat="server"
                                       ShowCallout="false"
                                       Position="MiddleRight"
                                       RelativeTo="Element"
                                       Skin="WebBlue"
                                       Width="600px"
                                       Height="288px"
                                       HideEvent="LeaveTargetAndToolTip"
                                       OnAjaxUpdate="RadToolTip_AjaxUpdate"
                                       AutoCloseDelay="30000">
                <TargetControls>
                </TargetControls>
            </telerik:RadToolTipManager>
 
        </form>
    </body>
</html>
With this code behind ...
using System.Web.UI;
using System;
 
public partial class verticalTabStrip : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    }
 
    protected void RadToolTip_AjaxUpdate(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipUpdateEventArgs e)
    {
        Control c = Page.LoadControl(Page.ResolveUrl(String.Format("~/Controls/UserControl{0}.ascx", e.Value)));
        e.UpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(c);
    }
}

The content of UserControlN.ascx is immaterial; all that is important is that they're different. In my test, one has a combobox, one a treeview, etc.

When I run the page, getting the mouse over one of the toolbar buttons causes the relevant tooltip to display. Moving the mouse over a different button results in a HttpException being generated on the last line of the RadToolTip_AjaxUpdate method. The error message reads "Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request."

For the life of me, I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. If you could put me out of my misery, I would be most grateful.

-- 
Stuart

Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
1 answer
213 views
Dear Support,

I am using the file explorer of telerik and need to add a lots of custom tool buttons. I want the width of the explorer to be fixed and not too wide. But since there are a lots tool buttons, the toolbar extends beyond the explorer. Is there a way by which i can make the toolbar appear in two rows intead of 1.
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
3 answers
167 views
I'd thought that this was a z-index problem, but now I'm not sure.

I have a usercontrol that is loaded in to a tooltip update panel.

The usercontrol contains a combobox and a calendar.

When I clicked on the combobox the dropdown didn't display, but when I moved the cursor out of the tooltip and it closed, I noticed the dropdown list was behind the tooltip. Adding style="8500;" to my combobox mark-up fixed that.

Then I tried clicking on the calendar header to display the fast navigation controls. Again, nothing was visible but allowing the tooltip to close revealed that the fast nav popup was behind the tooltip. However, it doesn't seem to matter what I set the z-index to in the calendar's mark-up, I simply can't get the popup to render above the tooltip.

Can anyone help?

TIA
-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
2 answers
105 views
Earlier I had Ajax Script manager and now I have RadScriptManger but i can't get the same functionality as earlier. I can drag my items anymore.
Help me with this issue.
Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
3 answers
122 views
Hey Guys,

What I'm trying to do is when a user clicks a appointment it will show the details in a RadWindow so what i need to is when a user clicks an appointment pass the appointment ID to the RadWindows so i can populate the data.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I code in VB.Net

Cheers,

Tom
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
10 answers
263 views
I'm using the radcombox in one of my form templates with the EnableLoadOnDemand turned on. I was wondering how do you handle the situation when in edit mode and you need to select an item for an existing record? For example, I use a StatusID for the data value and the StatusNm for the text display (which is a concatenation of two columns from the table). I saw an example where you dont use ID's, but rather the name for the value and text and this is not an option in our real world.

Thanks
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
1 answer
139 views
I have a page which is based on a master page.  On this page I have placed a panel bar.  Inside a panel,  I have a button.  After going through the forums, I have found that

 

 

 

Private Sub RadPanelBar1_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBarEventArgs) Handles RadPanelBar1.ItemClick

 

 

Dim ItemClicked As Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelItem = e.Item

 

Response.Write(

"Server event raised -- you clicked: " + ItemClicked.Text)

 

 

End Sub

 

Should fire when the button is clicked (unless I misunderstood something).  It doesn't; it reloads the masterpage. Please help as I am lost as to why I cannot capture this.  Also Note that I want to do everything server side, unless impossible to do so, which is the exception in my application.  Here is some simplified code to Illustrate my issue:

 

 

 

 

 

<%@ Page Title="" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/Pages/WorkPlanProject.Master" CodeBehind="TestButtonInPanel.aspx.vb" Inherits="WQS_Presentation.TestButtonInPanel" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" runat="server">
</asp:Content>
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" runat="server">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Root">
            <ItemTemplate><asp:Button ID="button" runat="server" /></ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
        </Items>
    </telerik:RadPanelBar>
</asp:Content>

And the code behind:

Public Partial Class TestButtonInPanel
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
  
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
  
    End Sub
  
    Private Sub RadPanelBar1_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBarEventArgs) Handles RadPanelBar1.ItemClick
        Dim ItemClicked As Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelItem = e.Item
        Response.Write("Server event raised -- you clicked: " + ItemClicked.Text)
    End Sub
End Class

This code never fires - the master page is reloading when the button gets clicked.  What is the correct way to do this (serverside)?

 

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
6 answers
406 views
Is there a property I can be set to allow embedding Youtube videos in the Editor? With all the Youtube videos today clients want an easy way to embed videos into the editor, much like WordPress allows. What is Telerik's solution for this?

Thanks!

John
John S
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
1 answer
110 views
Hello,
I want to have a asp upload control in radgrid view, just a browse button and textbox and whenever user click on this browse button he will select a file and file will get upload on server with progress bar.
on what time i will be able to get the what file user has selected  and the path of selection
Please help ASAP.

Thanks & Regards.
Manoj Gupta
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?