Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
189 views
Hi,

I am using a RadPanelBar and within the RadPanelBar I have a radgrid, that is being populated by data OnItemClick event.

My problem is that all expansion behavior is lost once a panel bar is open it cannot be closed again, and ieve the SingleExpanededItem expandMode is lost.

Any Help?

Thanks.

HTML SNIPPET
<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="rpbStudentList" runat="server" Width="100%" OnItemClick="rpbStudentList_ItemClick"
                                ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem">
                                <ItemTemplate>
                                    <telerik:RadGrid ID="rgrdScheduleList" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                                        GridLines="None" Visible="False" OnItemDataBound="rgrdScheduleList_ItemDataBound">
                                        <MasterTableView>
                                            <Columns>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="SAT_PK" HeaderText="SATPK" UniqueName="SAT_PK"
                                                    Visible="False">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="SAT_CSTU_FK" HeaderText="SATCSTUFK" UniqueName="SAT_CSTU_FK"
                                                    Visible="False">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="SAT_SBO_FK" HeaderText="SATSBOFK" UniqueName="SAT_SBO_FK"
                                                    Visible="False">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CSC_PK" HeaderText="CSCPK" UniqueName="CSC_PK"
                                                    Visible="False">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CSC_DATE" HeaderText="Lesson Date" UniqueName="CSC_DATE"
                                                    Visible="True" DataFormatString="{0:dd/MMM/yyyy}">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CSC_TIME_FROM" HeaderText="Time From" UniqueName="CSC_TIME_FROM"
                                                    Visible="True" DataFormatString="{0:hh:mm}">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CSC_TIME_TO" HeaderText="Time To" UniqueName="CSC_TIME_TO"
                                                    Visible="True" DataFormatString="{0:hh:mm}">
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="SAT_ABSENT" HeaderText="Attendance" Visible="true">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <table>
                                                            <tr>
                                                                <td>
                                                                    <asp:RadioButton ID="rbtnPresent" runat="server" GroupName="AttendanceTemplate" Text="Present"
                                                                        Checked="true" />
                                                                </td>
                                                                <td>
                                                                    <asp:RadioButton ID="rbtnAbsent" runat="server" GroupName="AttendanceTemplate" Text="Absent" />
                                                                </td>
                                                            </tr>
                                                        </table>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="SAT_REASON" HeaderText="Absence Reason" Visible="true"
                                                    DataField="ABSENCE_REASON_LIST">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="rddlReason" runat="server" DataValueField="SAR_PK" DataTextField="SAR_REASON">
                                                        </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="SAT_COMMENTS" HeaderText="Comments" Visible="true"
                                                    DataField="SAT_COMMENTS">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="rtxtComments" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("SAT_COMMENTS") %>'>
                                                        </telerik:RadTextBox>
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                            </Columns>
                                        </MasterTableView>
                                    </telerik:RadGrid>
                                    <asp:Button ID="btnSave" runat="server" Text="Button" Visible="false" OnClick="btnSave_Click" />
                                </ItemTemplate>
                            </telerik:RadPanelBar>

C# RadPanelBar Bind

rpbStudentList.DataSource = list;
rpbStudentList.DataTextField = "STD_STUDENT_FULLNAME";
rpbStudentList.DataValueField= "STD_PK";
rpbStudentList.DataBind();


C# RadPanelBar OnItemClick

RadGrid rgrdScheduleList = (e.Item.FindControl("rgrdScheduleList") as RadGrid);
rgrdScheduleList.Visible = true;
rgrdScheduleList.DataSource = sessionStudentAttendance.STUDENT_ATTENDANCE_LIST;
rgrdScheduleList.DataBind();

IDOX Health
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
275 views
I have developed a chart that I want to have an image background within the plot area. I built it and set up the image according to the instructions throughout other support areas on the site. I can even get it to work beautifully when I run is on a testing server from visual studio 2010. The image does appear in the background the way I want it to. 

So here is the problem. I upload it onto my hosting server and now when I run the application from there it doesnt put the image in the background of the plot.

I have set overideskinstyle = false. I have checked my file paths and yes the image is uploaded. I have turned all skins off, set backgrounds to transparent so that i know they dont go over the plot area. I have exhausted just about every possible idea and there doesnt seem to be much more support for what I want to do. I am posting the code that makes up the radchart in my aspx file. I add series to the chart programmably within the code behind file (C#).

This is all the code I can show you and not the code behind file because that files contains coding and information that I am not authorized to post in public forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<telerik:RadChart ID="RadChart3" runat="server" DefaultType="Line" 
                        Height="350px" Width="510px" SeriesPalette="Palette1" 
                        EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="False">
                        <Appearance>
                            <Border Visible="False" />
                        </Appearance>
                        <Legend>
                            <Appearance Dimensions-AutoSize="False" Dimensions-Height="20px" 
                                Dimensions-Width="435px" Overflow="Row" Position-AlignedPosition="Bottom" 
                                Position-Auto="False" Position-X="55" Position-Y="328">
                                <ItemTextAppearance TextProperties-Color="DimGray">
                                </ItemTextAppearance>
                                <Border Color="DimGray" />
                            </Appearance>
                            <TextBlock>
                                <Appearance AutoTextWrap="False">
                                </Appearance>
                            </TextBlock>
                        </Legend>
                        <PlotArea>
                            <EmptySeriesMessage Visible="True">
                                <Appearance Visible="True">
                                </Appearance>
                            </EmptySeriesMessage>
                            <XAxis LayoutMode="Normal" MaxItemsCount="30" Visible="True" AutoScale="False" 
                                IsZeroBased="False" MaxValue="90" MinValue="30" Step="10">
                                <Appearance>
                                    <MajorGridLines Color="DimGray" Width="0" />
                                </Appearance>
                                <AxisLabel Visible="True">
                                    <Appearance Position-Auto="False" Position-X="236.2037" Position-Y="300" 
                                        Visible="True">
                                    </Appearance>
                                    <TextBlock Text="Coarsness Factor">
                                        <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Bottom" 
                                            TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 9.75pt">
                                        </Appearance>
                                    </TextBlock>
                                </AxisLabel>
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="30">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="40">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="50">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="60">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="70">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="80">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="90">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                </Items>
                            </XAxis>
                            <YAxis AutoScale="False" IsZeroBased="False" MaxValue="50" MinValue="20" 
                                Step="5">
                                <Appearance>
                                    <MajorGridLines Color="DimGray" />
                                </Appearance>
                                <AxisLabel Visible="True">
                                    <Appearance Visible="True">
                                    </Appearance>
                                    <TextBlock Text="Workability Factor">
                                        <Appearance TextProperties-Font="Arial, 9.75pt" Position-AlignedPosition="Left">
                                        </Appearance>
                                    </TextBlock>
                                </AxisLabel>
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="20">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="25">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="30">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="35">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="40">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="45">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                    <telerik:ChartAxisItem Value="50">
                                    </telerik:ChartAxisItem>
                                </Items>
                            </YAxis>
                            <YAxis2>
                                <AxisLabel>
                                    <TextBlock>
                                        <Appearance TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 9.75pt, style=Bold">
                                        </Appearance>
                                    </TextBlock>
                                </AxisLabel>
                            </YAxis2>
                            <Appearance Corners="Round, Round, Round, Round, 6" Dimensions-AutoSize="False" 
                                Dimensions-Height="260px" Dimensions-Margins="5%, 5%, 24%, 10%" 
                                Dimensions-Width="435px" Position-AlignedPosition="Top" Position-Auto="False" 
                                Position-X="55" Position-Y="20" SeriesPalette="Palette1">
                                <FillStyle FillType="Image" MainColor="Transparent" SecondColor="Transparent">
                                    <FillSettings BackgroundImage="BACK.png">
                                    </FillSettings>
                                </FillStyle>
                                <Border Color="DimGray" />
                            </Appearance>

                        </PlotArea>
                        <ChartTitle Visible="False">
                            <Appearance Corners="Round, Round, Round, Round, 6" Dimensions-AutoSize="False" 
                                Dimensions-Height="0px" Dimensions-Margins="0px, 0px, 0px, 0%" 
                                Dimensions-Paddings="0px, 0px, 0px, 0px" Dimensions-Width="0px" 
                                Position-AlignedPosition="Top" Position-Auto="False" Position-X="0" 
                                Position-Y="0" Visible="False">
                                <FillStyle FillType="Solid" MainColor="Transparent">
                                </FillStyle>
                                <Border Color="DimGray" />
                            </Appearance>
                            <TextBlock Text="">
                                <Appearance TextProperties-Font="Verdana, 11.25pt">
                                </Appearance>
                            </TextBlock>
                        </ChartTitle>
                        <CustomPalettes>
                            <telerik:Palette Name="Palette1">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:PaletteItem MainColor="BlueViolet">
                                    </telerik:PaletteItem>
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:Palette>
                        </CustomPalettes>
                    </telerik:RadChart>
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
93 views
Hi,

We upgraded the RadEditorSharePoint to version 5.4. Since the upgrade users reports troubles with Wiki links with accents (é, è, à, ...). When we update a Wiki page, the RadEditor remove all the accent from links. Therfore links doesn't point anymore to the page previously defined.

In the ConfigFile, we specified the Language and the SpellDictionnaryLanguage to fr-FR.

Could you please help us on this topic?

Thanks
Julien
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
101 views
Actually i need to change the rad Grid PivotTable layout to include image & provide the Editing functionality
please help me .
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
2 answers
113 views
Hi Guys
I am working with gantt chart
i placed label in x asix using below line
<XAxis DataLabelsColumn="Name"></XAxis>  

but i am not able to place my y axis as label my requirement is to display jan, feb till december
and this should be displayed on top not at the bottom

Any idea
Please guide me
Karthik.K
Karthik Kantharaj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
5 answers
260 views
We started using the Header Context Filter Menu feature from the demo here.
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/headercontextfiltermenu/defaultcs.aspx


We would like to see some sort of indicator that a row is filtered similar to the Up and Down arrow to indicate when a row is sorted. Is this currently possible or something that Telerik would consider doing in the future.
Thanks.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
2 answers
185 views
Hi,

I am getting this error randomly on a page which has a lot of Telerik Controls, RadGrid, RadDock, RadToolTip and other.

Error : Sys.ScriptLoadFailedException : The script /Test/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField......... could not be loaded.

The error is not coming all the time and sometime only it comes.

Any suggestion for solving this? 

Thanks.
Jimmy.
Jimmy Vithalani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
117 views
I have a grid with at most 10 rows. Each has a button (buttoncolumn) that will export that row's fields to CSV. I'm unable to export only the row when I click the button. It exports all the rows. I tried hiding the other rows but it didn't work.



protected void rgridAdp_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.CommandName == "Export")
            {
                GridDataItem dataItem = e.Item as GridDataItem;
                int batchId = StringHandlers.GetSafeInteger(dataItem["BatchNumber"].Text);
foreach (GridDataItem item in rgridAdp.MasterTableView.Items)
                    {
                        if (StringHandlers.GetSafeInteger(item["BatchNumber"].Text) == batchId)
                        {
                            item.Visible = true;
                            item.Display = true;
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            item.Display = false;
                            item.Visible = false;
                        }
                    }
                    rgridAdp.ExportSettings.FileName = "ADPExport-" + batchId;
                    rgridAdp.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = true;
 
                    rgridAdp.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
                    rgridAdp.MasterTableView.GetColumn("Export").Visible = false; // don't export button
                    rgridAdp.MasterTableView.ExportToCSV();
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
145 views
Hello, I have a page that has scrolling disabled on the page so that the header stays in place. Instead there is a div on the page below the header that has scrolling enabled. When I put a scheduler in the div, it does not stay within the div. This simple bit of code is enough to demonstrate the issue:

 

<div style="height:300px;width:300px;overflow:scroll;">
    <Telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" OverflowBehavior="Expand"
        DataKeyField="none" DataSubjectField="none" DataStartField="none" DataEndField="none" />
</div>

 

Another option that I have tried is to use the built-in scrolling of the scheduler:

<Telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" OverflowBehavior="Scroll"
    DataKeyField="none" DataSubjectField="none" DataStartField="none" DataEndField="none" />

 
But in this case a height for the scheduler needs to be decided ahead of time. The scheduler will either not fill the available space or it would expand outside of the div. As far as I can tell, the height can't be adjusted to take up all the available space using the client-side API when the window is resized. (I had success doing this with the RadSplitter on other pages.)

Is there a solution that would allow all the available space to be taken up without the scheduler expanding outside of the div, even when the window is resized?

Please let me know if there are other options.

 

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
230 views
I got this problem when I tried to upload 2 or more file at 1 time. The uploaded files are corrupted. But if upload just 1 file, the uploaded file will be ok. The files were saved in the session so that can be validate at the next page and then save to a document library. I'm using 2009.3.1314.20 version

Here some of the code:
1st Page
aspx:
<telerik:RadUpload ID="Upload1" runat="server" MaxFileInputsCount="5" Width="600px" InitialFileInputsCount="1" ControlObjectsVisibility="RemoveButtons, AddButton" />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="OK" OnClick="Button1_Click" />
Codebehind:
private void SaveFilesToSession()
{
    IList list = new List<UploadedFileInfo>();
    foreach (UploadedFile uploadedFile in UploadDocument.UploadedFiles)
    {
        int fileLength = uploadedFile.ContentLength;
        byte[] buffer = new byte[fileLength];
        uploadedFile.InputStream.Read(buffer, 0, fileLength);
      
        UploadedFileInfo info = new UploadedFileInfo();
        info.Name = uploadedFile.GetName().Trim();
        info.FileInByte = buffer;
        info.ContentLength = uploadedFile.ContentLength;
        list.Add(info);
    }
  
    Session["UploadedFiles"] = list;
}
  
protected void ButtonSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    SaveFilesToSession();
    Response.Redirect("Upload2.aspx");
}

Thanks in advanced.
jing
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?