Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
153 views
Hello,

there is a method to set the FormatString in the GroupByEspression to show custom strings for the boolean values?

I have in a Radgrid a GroupByExpressions which is:
                                                       
<telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="ExpectFlag " FieldAlias="Expect" FormatString="{0:???}" />

I need something similar: {0: (true string, ex Expected) or (false string, ex Not expected)}

Thank you!
                                                   
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
1 answer
136 views

Environment:
ASP.NET 3.5, VS2008 professional, C#, Windows7, IE8
RAD Control v 2010.1.309

I am creating an extended server control that inherits from the RadCombo box.   The reason is that I want to be able to dynamically add asp.net validation controls based on a property (ValidatorCollection) that is set from the code behind of the containing page.  I have successfully accomplished this with an asp.net text box (and other controls).  I override the CreateChildControls method. Next I dynamically create the needed validation controls.

The odd thing is that the events seem to fire in a different order compared to other asp.net or Telerik controls (like the RadDateInput). 

With ASP.NET controls the events fire in this order:

Hosting Web Page (uses a Master Page) OnInit fires
   I set the ValidatorCollection property on the custom web control

On the Custom Control the RenderChildren fires
   I dynamically create the needed ASP.NET validation controls.


On the custom Telerik ComboBox control

The ComboBox RenderChildren fires
    No dynamic validator will be created since the ValidatorCollection will always be empty.

The hosting Page OnInit fires  ….
   I set the ValidatorCollection property, but it's too late, render Children already executed.


I tired the page OnPreInit, but it's to early and I get Object not set errors.  I don't know if there's anything we can about this.  I may just be the nature of a CompositeControl (which I believe the ComboBox is).  But, any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Calleigh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
3 answers
107 views

Hi,

I have a panelbar in a radpane which is supposed to fill 100% of the browser height. 

I'm then using the panelitem template to place another radpane inside of it. There are two issues:

  1. In the first panelitem I've managed to make the radpane correctly fill 100% of the panelitem template height (using ChildGroupCssClass="splitterItem"), however, there is a scrollbar which I can't get rid of. I've tried things like overflow: hidden !important, but that doesn't seem to work. This scrollbar ends up obfuscating other scrollbars that appear in the itemtemplate radpane (such as one made by a radgrid).
  2. In the second panelitem, there is no css so the scrollbar works correctly, however, it doesn't correctly fill 100% of the panelitem template height.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml11/dtd/xhtml11.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        html
        {
            margin: 0px;
            padding: 0px;
            height: 100%;
            overflow: hidden;
        }
        body
        {
            margin: 0px;
            padding: 0px;
            height: 100%;
            overflow: hidden;
        }
        form
        {
            margin: 0px;
            padding: 0px;
            height: 100%;
        }
        .splitterItem .rpItem, .splitterItem .rpTemplate
        {
            height: 100%;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body scroll="no">
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" Height="100%">
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="100%" />         
        <div style="height: 100%">
            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Height="100%" BorderSize="0" Orientation="Vertical" LiveResize="False" ResizeWithBrowserWindow="true" ResizeWithParentPane="true" VisibleDuringInit="true">
                <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Width="250px" Height="100%" MinWidth="0" BackColor="Red">
                    <telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" runat="server" ExpandMode="FullExpandedItem" Height="100%">
                        <Items>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem ID="RadPanelItem1" runat="server" Text="RadPanelItem1" ChildGroupCssClass="splitterItem" Selected="true" Expanded="true">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter3" runat="server" ResizeWithParentPane="false" Height="100%">
                                                <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane3" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Height="100%">
                                                    don't want that scrollbar
                                                </telerik:RadPane>
                                            </telerik:RadSplitter>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem ID="RadPanelItem2" runat="server" Text="RadPanelItem2">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter4" runat="server" ResizeWithParentPane="false" Height="100%">
                                                <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane4" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Height="100%">
                                                    without the css, doesn't fully fill the pane
                                                </telerik:RadPane>
                                            </telerik:RadSplitter>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>                    
                        </Items>
                    </telerik:RadPanelBar>
                </telerik:RadPane>
            </telerik:RadSplitter>
        </div>
    </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

In 2010.1.519.35, this wasn't an issue, but in further versions (I'm using  2010.2 826 in this example).

Any help is appreciated!
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
2 answers
1.4K+ views
When a dropdown list contains a large number of items the dropdown list opens up instead of down.
How can I force it to always drop down?
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
2 answers
269 views
Hi,

I'm have problems styling a page-size dropdown box in a Radgrid. The Page-size dropdown is to big in width and height.

Link to my page
Could anyone help me please?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
4 answers
148 views
I have a RadComboBox in a RadWindow that has functioned correctly(expanding up) for nearly a year.  I then updated to the latest rad controls and now my combo expands down on the first click and then up on the second click. I've attached 2 images to show what happens.  I noticed that the "ExpandDirection" option has been added in the last release or two and was wondering if this could the issue.  I tried adding this attribute with "Up" option but the control only goes down when that is added.   I am using the 2010.2.826.40 release.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
1 answer
76 views
Hi!

I want to preserve my expanded items on a hierarchical RadGrid while I rebind it on the client side.

    var masterTable = $find("ctl00_ctl00_cphCategoryContent_cphContent_rgvRollen").get_masterTableView();
var dataItems = masterTable.get_dataItems();

My problem is, that every item's "get_expanded()" returns false, even if it's expanded. My HierarchyLoadMode is set to "Client".
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
3 answers
126 views
hi
i use LINQ
and i use IQueryable for datasource
when i use grouping ,filtering and go to the next page radgrid' datasource be null
and i must Bind grid otherTime
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
9 answers
136 views
Hi,

Im trying to implement this on one of my rad grids. http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/usercontroleditform/defaultcs.aspx

However this doesn't work and throws  a " 

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed.

" 

Would anybody know a workaround this issue? The grid needs to be wrapped in an ajax panel due to the updates that it does while scrolling or filtering.  But i'd also would like to be able to edit entries usint that methodology or something that looks very similar.

Thanks
Rafal

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel  ID="uPanel" EnableAJAX="true" Width="100%" runat="server">
          <MyGrid:MyRadGrid id="grvTypeList"
                    OnNeedDataSource="GrvTypeList_NeedData"
                    OnItemDataBound="GrvTypeList_ItemDataBound"                  
                                
                    PageSize="30"
                    AllowSorting="true"
                    runat="server">
                   
                    <MasterTableView UniqueName="miscInfoTypeID" >
                   
                        <NoRecordsTemplate>
                         <div style="clear:both;text-align:center;padding:5px;">
                          <asp:Label CssClass="heading2" ID="labelNoRecords" ForeColor="Red" Text="None Found" runat="server" />
                         </div>
                        </NoRecordsTemplate>
                 
                        <Columns>
                            <MyGrid:MyCheckboxColumn  UniqueName="MiscInfoTypeIDCheckbox" DataField="miscInfoTypeID" HeaderStyle-Width="25"  RowSelector="true"  />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="miscInfoType"  SortExpression="miscInfoType" HeaderText="Miscellaneous Type" HeaderStyle-Width="150" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="exampleInfo" SortExpression="exampleInfo" HeaderText="Example Info" HeaderStyle-Width="100%" />
                            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn  UniqueName="EditCommandColumn" HeaderText="Action">
                          <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" Width="50px" />
                         
                         </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn >
                  
                        </Columns>
                       
                     <EditFormSettings UserControlName="MiscTypeControl.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl">
                            <EditColumn  UniqueName="EditCommandColumn">
                            </EditColumn>
                        </EditFormSettings>
               
                        <SortExpressions>
                            <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="miscInfoType" SortOrder="Ascending" />
                        </SortExpressions>
                    </MasterTableView>
                   
                    <ClientSettings>
                        <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="RowDblClick" />
                    </ClientSettings> 
                       
                </Mygrid:MyRadGrid>
                <div style="display:none;">
                    <asp:Button ID="buttonDoPostback" OnClick="buttonDoPostback_Click" runat="server" />
                </div>
            
            </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
        </div> 
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
1 answer
127 views
Hi,

All I want to achieve is a vertical presentation of data in RadGrid (after click on select in RD). I like the way data is shown when I click on edit in RadGrid. I would like to get the same effect but exclude possibility of changing data + hide update/cancel button. Ideally when controls shown data would be blocked. If it's impossible please advise an alternative.

Best Regards,

Darek
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?