Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
211 views
I have the following grid setup:

<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="grMembers" OnNeedDataSource="grMembers_NeedDataSource" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowFooter="false" OnItemDataBound="grMembers_ItemDataBound" OnItemCommand="grMembers_ItemCommand" OnDataBound="grMembers_DataBound">
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Id" CommandItemDisplay="Top" CommandItemStyle-Height="30px" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" AlternatingItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false" HierarchyLoadMode="Client" AllowFilteringByColumn="true">
        <CommandItemTemplate>
            <asp:Button runat="server" ID="cmAddItem" CssClass="rgAdd" style="margin-left: 10px;" /><asp:HyperLink runat="server" ID="lkAddItem" Text="Add Member" NavigateUrl="javascript:;" />
        </CommandItemTemplate>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn ItemStyle-Width="20px" ItemStyle-Wrap="false" AllowFiltering="false">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="cmEdit" Text="Edit" CssClass="rgEdit" CommandName="Edit" />
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Detail" DataField="Detail" ItemStyle-Width="150px" FilterControlWidth="100px">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <%-- Layout --%>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Contact" DataField="Contact" ItemStyle-Width="150px">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <%-- Layout --%>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn HeaderText="Join Date" DataField="SignupDate" ItemStyle-Width="125px" />
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Paid" DataField="Paid" ItemStyle-Width="50px">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Image runat="server" ImageUrl='<%#(Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("Paid").ToString())) ? "~/_assets/images/accept.png" : "~/_assets/images/cancel.png" %>' />
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Seller #" DataField="SellerNumber" ItemStyle-Width="100px" />
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderStyle-Width="20px" ItemStyle-Width="20px" CommandName="Delete" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ConfirmText="Are you sure you wish to remove this item?" />
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>

Everything on the grid works great (including filtering), however in FF3 the filtering icons look like the attached image and in IE it's even worse. Any ideas? I tried using FilterControlWidth but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. I also made the column widths larger and smaller and it still does the exact same thing, no matter the width of the column.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
80 views
hi

I would like to show both edit and delete link or image on the scheduler. It would that the same as radgrid

I want user to click the edit or delete link to edit or delete an appointment. How should i go about it? Thanks
L
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
94 views
HI Telerik Team,

I have been using  Telerik grid, but facing follwing issues.

(1)Telerik grid with skin is outlook with Static Headers is false, then the skin look is ok,but in some cells where data is not coming, in those positions cells does not getting any borders.

(2)If telerik grid with skin is outlook and static headers is true, then the skin is getting disappering and white background is coming to grid, and when i am scrolling grid with frozen columns gird is flickering when scrolling

(3)If telerik grid with static headers is true, then the textbox which is avilabe in grid filtering item autofill values are hiding behind the grid. Grid is overlapping the auto fill values of textbox.

So please provide me the solution for the above issues.

Thanks in advance.






Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
5 answers
169 views
hi

I came across the demo http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/timelineview/defaultcs.aspx where the date header height is nicely done.

I tried it on the RowHeight="100px" and it seems that the date header height expanded accordingly.

How do i it? thanks
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
5 answers
270 views
How can I disable all dates from being edited or having appointments inserted into that are earlier than the current date?  I've seen some suggestion of intercepting the insert / update events and checking condition, then setting event to cancel. 

Not sure if this route is the only solution, but seems like letting the user attempt to insert or update a record, only to cancel the event after the fact is not as desirable than just disabling the edit functionality all together.

Thanks-
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
2 answers
227 views
Hi,
      
When I apply the frozen column for Master table, scrollbar is not displaying for details table.

How I display scroll bar for details table inside the master table?

Regards,
Rajesh
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
3 answers
228 views
I have a couple of questions regarding the frozen column feature of the RadGrid.

Are frozen columns and resizeable columns supported at the same time? I noticed that when I have both on at the same time, I am able to hide columns by resizing a few of the columns and then scrolling.

I was also wondering if it is possible to have columns with different widths while frozen columns. In my grid I would like to have the first two columns be 200px and then all of the columns after that be 50px. I tried setting this in the OnColumnCreated function, but when I set the widths, my first columns weren't frozen anymore.

Thanks
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
4 answers
194 views
The page tabs show up on the datapager, and only the first 10 items are shown.   When I click on one of the page numbers though, a) the results don't change; b) the new page number is not highlighted (when I click a second time, it is highlighted however but the results still don't change).

Any help would be much appreciated.

My aspx markup:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
    <tr>
        <td>
            <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtInstitutionName" runat="server" Columns="30" /><asp:RequiredFieldValidator
                ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" ControlToValidate="txtInstitutionName" runat="server"
                ErrorMessage="*" />
        </td>
        <td>
            <asp:Button ID="btnSearch" runat="server" Text="Search" />
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>
<telerik:RadListView ID="listInstitutions" runat="server" AllowPaging="true">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <li>
            <%# Eval("InstitutionName") %></li>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EmptyDataTemplate>
        No financial institution was found.</EmptyDataTemplate>
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <ul>
            <li id="itemPlaceholder" runat="server" />
        </ul>
        <telerik:RadDataPager ID="RadDataPager1" runat="server" PagedControlID="listInstitutions" PageSize="10" >
            <Fields>
                <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="Numeric" />
            </Fields>
        </telerik:RadDataPager>
    </LayoutTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>


My code for clicking the submit button:
InstitutionContext = New ProjectTobyEntities()
 
Dim institutionQuery As ObjectQuery(Of Institution) = _
    From i In InstitutionContext.Institutions _
    Where i.InstitutionName.Contains(txtInstitutionName.Text) And i.Active = True
    Select i
 
listInstitutions.DataSource = CType(institutionQuery, ObjectQuery).Execute(MergeOption.NoTracking)
listInstitutions.DataBind()
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
1 answer
69 views
I need to be able to access the edit user control from the page and the page from the edit user control - specifically non-grid controls from the page in the edit user control. I can do this separately, but when I try to access both at the same time, I get a "Circular file references are not allowed." error because I have to reference the user control in the page and the page in the user control. How can I work around this issue?

Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
3 answers
185 views
Hi

there is a new localization text option for radwindow

but how can i do it with radalert called like this from codebehind.

Label1.Text = "<script language='javascript'> window.onload = function(){radalert('My Message.', 300, 150);}</script>";
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?