Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
91 views
I'm hoping this is an easy fix and just something I've overlooked.  I have a horizontal menu with vertical slides for children and RightExpand slides for grandchildren.  The child nodes display an arrow if they have children when hovered.  This works great.  However, when the mouse is moved to the grandchildren, the arrow disappears.  Is there any way to get it to stay there so long as that child is expanded?  Again, I'm sure this is something I'm overlooking.  Here's some code:

This is what I have pertaining to the arrow:  I can include more code if needed.  Thank you.
.RadMenu_NavBlue .rmGroup .rmLink:hover .rmExpandRight,
.RadMenu_NavBlue .rmGroup .rmFocused .rmExpandRight,
.RadMenu_NavBlue .rmGroup .rmExpanded .rmExpandRight,
.RadMenu_NavBlue .rmGroup .rmSelected .rmExpandRight
{
    background:url(menu/bluearrow.gif) no-repeat right;
}
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
110 views
hi there ,
i have a database with 2 tables on it,one of 'em is used for Rows(TRows) and onother for Columns(TColumns).one table for Values too.(TValues)
i want to radgrid to be like an excel sheet ,and i want to load columns from TColumns and rows from TRows.then set values from TValues.

can i do that?? is it possible?


if it has onother solution please help me.
thanks.
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
82 views
hi my dear friends :

i am so mad about onfocus and onblur events in ajaxify mode...
i have this problem in radcomboboxes and RadInput.

i have a radmaskedtextbox and i introduced it as a update control of an another ajaxified controls(such as radajaxmanager(ajaxified) and A RadTextBox).
in onblur of that radmaskedtextbox i call radajaxmanager ajaxRequest ( i Ajaxified RadAjaxManager).
when i click on that RadMaskedTextBox OnBlur event suddenly Fires (without click on another area) And The Codes in AjaxRequest Execute. (control loses it's focus)
i should click on it 2 or 3 time more for inputing data Because of losing focus.
why RadMasked Text Box Acts Like this?
i Have the same issue about a RadTextBoxes...

it seems without ajaxify mode every thing is ok but in ajaxify mode (introduce as a update control) focus and blur problems appear.

how can i fix this problem?

i am using radajaxmanager ....

thanks in future advance
best regards
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
0 answers
135 views
Hi Telerik,
Can i know if File Explorer will help me in acheiving the following. I have to upload an excel file dynamically and as soon as i upload i need to display the file name as parent node and the sheets in excel as child nodes and the columns as their child nodes in a tree view structure. Also i should be able to drag the columns of each sheet and bind to a grid along with column data. Please do reply me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Priya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Sep 2010
3 answers
150 views
I have a simple form that has the RADUpload and RADProgressbar on it.  I have a save and cancel buttons (ASP:BUTTONS) and have registered thr respective Telerik controls in the web.config file (See Below) and when I press the Save (Submit) button, the page never returns.  Eventually I will get an ajax time out error.  The project is .NET 4.0 and I am using the Telerik controls v4.0.30319.  Note, when I also press the cancel button, I still have a locked up page.  I have tried many different combinations such as
* uploaded zero files
* 1 very small file and
* 1 very large file



  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
        <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
        <add assembly="System.Speech, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
        <add assembly="System.Data.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
        <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="809600" />
    <authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms loginUrl="~/Account/Login.aspx" timeout="2880" />
    </authentication>
    <membership>
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/" />
      </providers>
    </membership>
    <profile>
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="AspNetSqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" />
      </providers>
    </profile>
    <roleManager enabled="false">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" />
        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>
    <httpModules>
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule" />
    </httpModules>
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
      <add name="RadUploadModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule" />
    </modules>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <handlers>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />
      <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
100 views
Hi!

Ive built my own image editor dialog which is opened via a contextmenu for all img elements. Is there a way to refresh the content area so the edited image is refreshed without doing a postback?

/Niclas
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
111 views
I am using the RadUpload control and have an issue with it, as follows:

When the submit button is clicked without selecting any file in the upload control, a postback occurs but the button logic isn't called.  The form is then cleared with no error message displayed.

How can I detect this condition (no upload file specified) and handle it in a more graceful manner?
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
5 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi All,

I am using telerik Rad Grid in my applilcation.I have placed a text box in the header of one column of this rad grid.

I am able to find the control of header and text box but my problem is that I am not able to get the text typed in that text box.
Here I am typing the code how I am finding the control of header and text box.

Dim header as Gridheaderitem=TryCast(RadGrid1.mastertableview.GetItemTypes(Getitem.header)(0),Gridheaderitem)
Dim textbox as textbox=Ctype(header.findControl("textbox"),textbox)
Dim strtext as string=textbox.text

Please see this if anyone is able to solve this problem...thanx in advance.

shubham
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
3 answers
223 views
Hello,
I'm using with the RadGrid for display and edit data.
I want to set the DataSource at runtime, so in Page_Load i put:
myGrid.DataSource = myList;
myGrid.DataBind();

I have 2 problems with that:
1. for the first time data ara well but the next time that comes to Page_Load 
  a fall occurs.
2. the data are presented also without the DataBind,
    but the next time that comes to Page_Load the changes that made on the grid disappear.

Can you refer me to a grid of receiving data at runtime and not by DataSourceID, and Lets to edit

Thanks.





Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
1 answer
108 views
The text editor in DNN may exploit a security risk.

If the editor is placed on a page, say for a registered user updating their profile's bio, the Image Manager, Document Manager, etc. gives the user access to the portal root, where they can delete, upload, rename images, docs, etc. along with looking at the directory structure.  They could easily, through the Doc Manager, add a link in their bio to a restricted document and, once the bio is saved, click on the link to download the file.

The managers need to be disabled or localized to the logged in user's directory (/Portals/PortalId/Users/UserId/UserId).

Thanks,
Joshua
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?