Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
79 views

Hello,

  Long story in short way -- please take a look at presentation:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/understandingtypesstackedbar.html

  The text of items are next to each part of bar, how I can achieve this?

  My case: in my case texts from both series are displayed next to last (top) parts of bars. I tried to add 

<Appearance>
  <TextAppearance Position-Auto=false Position-AlignedPosition="Bottom"</TextAppearance>
   </Appearance>

in ChartSeries section, but no matter what I enter -- bottom, top, etc. nothing is changing.

  Thank you in advance for help.

Remark: Telerik, please expand your documentation and simply add code that produces given screenshots, it is a bit frustrating when you see exactly want you want to achieve, and yet you struggle to do this having only few hints. Thank you.

Maciej Pilichowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
101 views
Here's what I'm trying to do:  I have a griddropdowncolumn with a data source attached.  I've enabled the EmptyListItemText.  What I would like is, if the datasource is empty, add another item to the griddropdowncolumn which would say "add an item".  When the user selects this text, it would bring up a popup edit form with a couple of fields.  The user would fill in those fields and do an insert.  This new value would then show up in the griddropdowncolumn.  I guess I would need to use the ItemDataBound event to add the "add the item" text.  But how do I determine that someone selected this text?  I guess I'm asking what event would get fired when someone picks a different item in the griddropdowncolumn.  Thanks for any help I can get.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
430 views
Hi,

I am having an issue where when I try to upload a 125MB .FLV or a 53 MB .FLV on my live site the Ajax UI never starts and I eventually get a connection reset error. The uploader starts up with no problem, however, when I use a 5 MB .FLV. My maxRequestLength is set to 1024000 but I do not think any of those settings are wrong because when I try it on my local machine I can upload the 125 MB .FLV. Can you think of any reason why this would be happening live and not local?

I also tried setting the executionTimeout="360000" but it just took longer to throw the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
0 answers
287 views
I'm use Chart with auto refresh and use Timer in every 2 second. but always see flicker/blink.

How to Auto refresh Chart without flicker (blink) in every 2 second. But not use Javascript.

Please help me...
Heri .
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
115 views
Hi,

I use the RadDatePicker to let the user select a date. Instead of displaying the whole date, only the year and the quarter should be displayed then. I thought of an ICustomerFormatter and IFormatProvider to write a new custom format for the quarter portion of the date. So I have to pass my own format provider to the control. How do I do that? I tried to overwrite RadDatePicker but this seems not enough, because the input control itself is a RadDatePicker-Control.
Any ideas to start with, or is it just the wrong way to achieve the displaying of my own custom format?
jbssa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
2 answers
175 views
Hi,
I'm getting ??? in my file names when using your custom ftp provider.
Is there some way to set encoding of file names in the fileexplorer?

Regards,
Mattias
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
87 views
I would like to use a radtreeview as a Question and Answer List the parent is the question and the child nodes are the answers to the question. I need only one child node checkable under each parent node Anyone have an idea of how to make this happen. Attached is a screenshot of the treeview.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
1 answer
383 views
Hi,

If I select any item from the combobox, the whole screen is refreshing(flicker)
so is there any way we can prevent whole page post back when i select item from RadComboBox?

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Sep 2010
5 answers
260 views
I have a combobox bound to an objectdatasource, when I select an item and move to a new control the combo box resets to unlected. I created a form with 3 comboboxes, 1 manually populated, 1 bound to na objectdatasource and 1 bound to a sqldatasource, only the object bound combobox exhibits this behaviour.
below is my aspx code, there is no code behind

<%@ Page Title="" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/master_default.Master" CodeBehind="Testing.aspx.vb" Inherits="LearningDepot.Testing" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" runat="server">
</asp:Content>
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">  
 
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" DataSourceID="ODSLookup"
        DataTextField="LookupKey" DataValueField="ID">
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>
    </telerik:RadComboBox>
       
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox2" runat="server">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Cell" Value="1" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Home" Value="2" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Office" Value="3" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Fax" Value="4" />
        </Items>
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>
    </telerik:RadComboBox>
   
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox3" runat="server" DataSourceID="SDSLookup"
        DataTextField="LookupKey" DataValueField="LookupId">
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>
    </telerik:RadComboBox>

    <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox2" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadTextBox>

    <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ODSLookup" runat="server"
        SelectMethod="DataList" TypeName="LearningDepotAPI.Lookups">
        <SelectParameters>
            <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="PhoneType" Name="lookupGroup" Type="String" />
            <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="1" Name="recordStatus" Type="Object" />
            <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="1" Name="SortBy" Type="Object" />
        </SelectParameters>
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>

    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SDSLookup" runat="server"
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:pmbLD_DB %>"
        SelectCommand="pmbLDsp_COLL_Lookup_ByKey" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">
        <SelectParameters>
            <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="PhoneType" Name="LookupGroup" Type="String" />
            <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="1" Name="StatusFlag" Type="Int32" />
        </SelectParameters>
    </asp:SqlDataSource>
</asp:Content>

<asp:Content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder2" runat="server">
</asp:Content>

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
4 answers
143 views
Hi,
 there is a good example with related combos: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/multiplecomboboxes/defaultvb.aspx
I can't handle with pre-selection in last Combobox. For example if I choose Europe as continent, then France as country I would like to pre-select Paris as a city. I would know I wanted select Paris during Cities binding, becasue some indicator tells me about it during SELECT statement.

Is it possible somewhere in code?

I tried hard coding add RadComboBox3.SelectedIndex = "1" after DataBind() but with no result

Protected Sub LoadCities(ByVal countryID As String)
            Dim connection As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("TelerikConnectionString").ConnectionString)

            'select a city based on the countryID
            Dim adapter As New SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM Cities WHERE CountryID=@CountryID ORDER By Name", connection)
            adapter.SelectCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("@CountryID", countryID)

            Dim dt As New DataTable()
            adapter.Fill(dt)

            RadComboBox3.DataTextField = "Name"
            RadComboBox3.DataValueField = "ID"
            RadComboBox3.DataSource = dt
            RadComboBox3.DataBind()
        End Sub


Thanks in advance for your help
ToMa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?